Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

So? Who cares?
Old February 6, 2010, 11:18 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Firmware 4 will also give the iPhone/iTouch multitasking..... so a future firmware update will make it much better than the iPh- wait a second. Cancel that. Still a big iPhone/iTouch.
Old February 6, 2010, 12:18 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

No offense guys, but this IS the Mac section. You all hate it when the Mac guys thread crap in the PC sections, can't you give one section to the Mac people and leave the trash at the door? I am definitely NO fan of the ipad by any stretch but man.....
Old February 6, 2010, 12:23 PM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1lk1 View Post
No offense guys, but this IS the Mac section. You all hate it when the Mac guys thread crap in the PC sections, can't you give one section to the Mac people and leave the trash at the door? I am definitely NO fan of the ipad by any stretch but man.....

+1 Can agree more on that.... start to be very stupid this PC-Mac war thing ...do you like computers or not...

I'm not planing to buy a ipad ... but will like to have one
Old February 6, 2010, 01:47 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I'm not putting down Apple, just this product. The fact remains that the iPod Touch/iPhone still seems to be superior based on everything that has been released.
Old February 6, 2010, 04:22 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
^ thank you.. and i dislike the ipad but has anyone even thought about putting linux on it?? yea.. its essentially a computer.. if you put linux Ubuntu Remix on it you should have a pretty good laptop.. then you just need the ipod wall plug and your good to go.. i know you can do that with an ipod cause my friend did :-P
Old February 6, 2010, 07:06 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:

Actually, I never noticed we had a "mac" section. I assume it's new? I always see posts by hitting "new posts" and never really any other way.

So, my point is..... if I see Mac "things" in the Mac section I'll refrain from commenting, unless of course someone is way off base on something

Like... "Apple invented the mouse!", etc.
Old February 6, 2010, 09:42 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendallcschm View Post
^ thank you.. and i dislike the ipad but has anyone even thought about putting linux on it?? yea.. its essentially a computer.. if you put linux Ubuntu Remix on it you should have a pretty good laptop.. then you just need the ipod wall plug and your good to go.. i know you can do that with an ipod cause my friend did :-P
Knowing Apple that won't be very easy, but knowing how much demand there is for jailbreaking etc. it may happen.
Old February 7, 2010, 05:38 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

I'm planning on purchasing the Ipad. Not at first maybe 2nd generation when they make a 128GB or 256GB version. I know the Ipad has it's limitations but you have to see it for what it is. It's not a netbook, or even a small laptop, it is as mentioned previously just a big Itouch. But I love my Itouch and all the neat things it can do, the downside for me is the screen size, the Ipad solves this problem. I travel alot and I've always had a need for something easily portable that can play movies, music and websurf. If the 10 hour battery life is anywhere close to realistic in the real world the Ipad will definately be my next purchase.

http://lh4.ggpht.com/nightwarp/R7YQuMGt-JI/AAAAAAAADoQ/KVuthG6qJfE/s400/Supportourtroops-2.jpg

Closed Thread