Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 8, 2010, 06:09 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
Yeah, he could have gotten a netbook with that money instead. Zing!
Really? My friend said he would've ran it over with this car. I'd just sell it for profit
Old April 8, 2010, 06:09 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Flat things don't break very interesting-ly anyways.... it was funner seeing an Xbox/PS3 getting smashed :P
Old April 8, 2010, 06:13 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi Warrior View Post
Flat things don't break very interesting-ly anyways.... it was funner seeing an Xbox/PS3 getting smashed :P
I would have used it as some frisbee, and tried some wicked stunts with it.
iPad Air!

Or threw it from a building or bridge, and see how far it would go.
iLaunchPad!

Seriously, thats $500 worth of Guinness right there. A waste (if you disregard the fact that they are now internetz famous for the next 10 minutes).
Fold for team #54196
Old April 8, 2010, 06:34 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Flat things don't break very interesting-ly anyways....
But they do blend pretty interestingly .
Old April 8, 2010, 08:22 PM
Allstar
F@H

C4 time?
A Veteran, whether Regular Force, Reserve or Retired- is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank cheque made payable to the Dominion of Canada for an amount of "Up to and including my life"
-Author Unknown
Old April 8, 2010, 09:03 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
You say that like its a GOOD thing. A netbook can do damn near everything a jumbo ipod touch can...except drain you wallet and make you feel superior to "PC users". It thats your thing then go right ahead. Me personally, I dont think a device which costs as much as the ipad does should be so crippled.

Drop a real cpu in there, a USB port or two and OS X....and then yeah MAYBE it would be a good deal, but as it is, its a underpowered, overhyped, overheating AND overpriced ipod with a pretty but bigger face.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
Bingo.
Quote:
No, he said an iPad can't do anything a netbook can't. Plus netbooks cost much less, so the iPad SHOULD be able to do a lot more...
You guys are hopeless. If it can do dam near everything a netbook can plus do some other neat things that only a touch screen can do how is this bad? I would rather watch movies on this then a net book. I would rather read books on this then a net book. I would rather read comic books or surf the web on this then a net book. I would rather play games on this then a net book. Especially that it will have match making, achievements and leader boards now.

I think revision 2 will pwn netbooks.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old April 8, 2010, 09:51 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by belgolas View Post
You guys are hopeless. If it can do dam near everything a netbook can plus do some other neat things that only a touch screen can do how is this bad? I would rather watch movies on this then a net book. I would rather read books on this then a net book. I would rather read comic books or surf the web on this then a net book. I would rather play games on this then a net book. Especially that it will have match making, achievements and leader boards now.

I think revision 2 will pwn netbooks.
But the thing is Ipad is priced much higher than a netbook. It's priced the same as a CULV notebook which it can do all the thing Ipad can do and do it much better (well, except for the touchscreen).
Old April 8, 2010, 10:02 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I just think it's so mean of you guys to come to the MAC forum of HWC and torture these poor souls who buy this junk hahaha. Isn't it bad enough for them on the rest of these forums? lol
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old April 8, 2010, 10:09 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by belgolas View Post
You guys are hopeless. If it can do dam near everything a netbook can plus do some other neat things that only a touch screen can do how is this bad?
That's not what I said. Please actually read my posts next time you decide to reply to one of them.

A netbook or even a full laptop (which you can get for the price of the iPad) can do everything the iPad can do, along with additional functionality. There are orders of magnitude more programs available for Windows than for the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch OS, and they are much more powerful, having been designed with features in mind rather than for simplicity like anything made for the iPad. A netbook also has more versatile hardware, with the ability to connect through ethernet, attach USB devices, connect an external monitor, etc. You don't seriously believe that the iPad is more functional than a fully-fledged computer, do you? If that's the case, then why don't you toss out your desktop and replace that with an iPad too?
Quote:
Originally Posted by encorp View Post
I just think it's so mean of you guys to come to the MAC forum of HWC and torture these poor souls who buy this junk hahaha. Isn't it bad enough for them on the rest of these forums? lol
If they can't take the heat, they should get out of the kitchen .

Last edited by Zero82z; April 8, 2010 at 10:15 PM.
Closed Thread