Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > LinusTechTips Q&A

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 3, 2012, 08:20 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Yup. Like it or hate it. Social Media is here to stay...for now.

Honestly, it was a good idea Linus. Hopefully the teething issues are now all sorted out and am actually looking forward to your next one. Good luck! :)

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old October 3, 2012, 08:53 PM
Allstar

I have a Twitter account and follow a limited selection and an even smaller group of followers. I mostly use it as a type of RSS feed but check it irregularly.
Old October 3, 2012, 09:10 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Can't say I have a Twitter account and so far I'm trying to prevent having one whatsoever. Probably not the best social media to use, a professor of mine has tried it and only 2 people out of a class of 60+ 4th year engineers have or use twitter.
Old October 4, 2012, 05:28 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyteOwl View Post
I have a Twitter account and follow a limited selection and an even smaller group of followers. I mostly use it as a type of RSS feed but check it irregularly.
That is exactly how I use my account, I have it to follow vendors and manufactures and most of the time its news releases. At a recent VMware forum they tried using it with the attendees and it was just a spam system for one of the vendors there mostly. I could see where it would be useful for conferences, but the spam, spam everywhere.
Old October 4, 2012, 02:48 PM

Next time I will make sure the contest is less time sensitive, so people who happen across the bread crumbs can refer back to Twitter in time to participate. Maybe leave everything up for a few days.

Thanks for the feedback you guys and I'm sorry it was poorly executed this time :(

Linus

For faster (and official) NCIX service please contact our customer care team at www.NCIX.com (Canada) or www.NCIXUS.com (USA)

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=25647
Old October 26, 2012, 09:45 AM
Trial Member

Talking Help Me Choose a Hdd

Mr Linus Please Suggest Me

A Portable 1 Tb Hdd

With 3.0

I actually THinking To Get This one "Transcend StoreJet 25M3"

Please Suggest If you have any better hdd In your Mind

Thanks In Advance:biggri n:

Old October 26, 2012, 10:02 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Off topic here

I had a hard time trying out that last contest by the time I figured out I think that it was two crumbs someone had already figured it all out lol

hehe I have a twitter account but it is used mainly to keep up on others and also so that when I signup for something it is so much easier to click on the twitter button then it is to go through the process of filling out the form