Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > LinusTechTips Q&A

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 10, 2012, 09:29 PM
Rookie

Default Z77 gaming motherboards

I'm looking to get a new gaming rig and wanted to go for the Z77 but every site I visit has different selections of motherboards and I'm unsure what's the latest and greatest. Or if there is anything coming soon I should wait and watch out for. I'm only looking at dual SLI and I do want to overclock but I'm unsure where to turn. ASUS Sabertooth. Asrock Fatality. ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE... What's the best out there to take full advantage of the latest graphics and memory capabilities with a 3770K?
Old June 11, 2012, 08:02 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Any of those 3 would be fine. I'd tend to pick ASUS over Asrock, myself.
Old July 11, 2012, 10:11 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Smile Z77 Gaming Motherboards

I'm looking around as well and checked some reviews about issues. Of the 3, it seems the Sabertooth has better initial start ups.

All 3 have issues. Personally, I've owned only Asus except 1 and have been fortunate enough not to have had any problems so far. Keeping an eye out for a decent Z77.

Looking at the ASUS P8Z77 WS, atm and seems encouraging but pricey.
Old July 11, 2012, 10:49 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

I have the Sabertooth and it is a wonderful motherboard. I would recommend it, not so much the AI Suite though...

Note: The Sabertooth does not have the OC Tuning in the Ai Suite, but you can easy overclock in the BIOS, but I wouldn't recommend that either, because my computer crashed a lot because of that.
Old July 11, 2012, 12:04 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I have the sabertooth and it its a great board. One of the most problem free boards that I have ever owned. No issues with bios overclocking here (I avoid software overclocking at all costs).
Old July 11, 2012, 12:48 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

My Z77 Sabertooth has been rock solid since day one, i've had no issues whatsoever except the stupid Intel iControl for the internet (do not instal it, it slows your internet down considerably!!) other than that i would recommend it to anyone. It also doesn't hurt that it's likely the best looking board out there as well
Old July 11, 2012, 02:00 PM
Rookie

Yeah iControl is the biggest piece of crap ever. Made my FTP client stop working.

BigFOIG (x2), Adzsask, th3dud3, great_big_abyss, Cruise51, 3.0charlie, Funguseater, Chumpy, n-ster, Kindred1, happycamper, moocow, Justin Cider, feanor, Taichan
Old July 11, 2012, 03:50 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

They'll all perform the same. It comes down to features, support, aesthetics, etc.
Old July 13, 2012, 12:41 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Good choices of Z77 boards you have there. After my research I ended up with MSI (Z77A-GD65) and i'm happy with this choice. OC'ing is good too with OC Genie II!