Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > LinusTechTips Q&A

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 24, 2012, 12:16 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

It really depends on the order honestly. Sometimes it takes 2-3 days to process the order, sometimes it's on the same day. I'm talking about fast moving item.

Back up - Ebay (Inik1) or Heatware
Old April 24, 2012, 01:55 PM
MVP

I actually just got off of the phone with NCIX about this very matter. I ordered a Shuttle XPC for a customers from them....last Thursday. As of today they have not processed my order...until I talked to them. As for Newegg.ca I cannot recommend them. They once took over TWO WEEKS to ship a cable to me. When I called them to ask what the holdup was they responded " It gets there when it gets there ".

I wrote a letter to the CEO about that.

I tried again a couple months ago with a SSD. Week and a half. Unacceptable.

For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity.

When a ladder was stolen from a store the manager said that further steps would be taken
Old April 24, 2012, 08:17 PM
Top Prospect

Generally my experience with NCIX has been pretty good, there are occasions where they take longer then usual to process orders, especially during the holidays of course.. This time I ordered the items on Sunday and it was processed on Monday but still hasn't shipped yet.. Hopefully tomorrow, but with my horrible luck I think I'll get it by next Monday :P..

Also gotta say though that Purolator sucks, in more occasions I've had to either pick up all my parts or wait a day or two more then the estimate provided on the website..
Old April 27, 2012, 08:53 AM
Rookie

Dear Yamcha,

I am sorry you had such a negative experience with us. If you ever need any help or if we need to follow up on something, let us know. Our contact information is below.

regards,

Vincent Rioux
Social Media Coordinator / Customer Care Team
Coordonateur - Médias Sociaux / Équipe d'Assistance à la Clientèle

Purolator Inc.
E-mail / Courriel: customer.care@purolator.com ou/or assistance.clients@purolator.com
Purolator - Overnight Shipping - Freight - Courier Delivery Services

Follow us on Twitter / Suivez-nous sur Twitter:
Purolator Help (@PurolatorHelp) sur Twitter
Old April 27, 2012, 09:49 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Shipping from NCIX has never been a problem for me, it's always been the processing time. That said, i placed an order last Thursday and received it on Tuesday with Purolator Express shipping. Problem is that Purolator absolutely destroyed the box it was shipped in. It looked like it been dragged and kicked all over the warehouse which really surprised me because they've always been excellent until this. Luckily everything inside was ok, but i'm not sure if i'll chose Purolator again.
Old April 27, 2012, 12:44 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

All shipping companies suck. Not just Purolator. They are all a bunch of f*ckery. I used to be a delivery driver for UPS. After becoming a customer I now realize why everyone hates you when you are a delivery man. Well, it's a love/hate thing.

Funny thing is I have had a much better experience with Purolator then UPS. I will say once I ordered something from newegg and I paid 25 dollar more for express shipping. Of course, it didn't arrive on time. So I contacted Newegg. They blamed Purolator. I called Purolator. They blamed Newegg. I got my package and it was definitely not shipped by ground, so all in all purolator ripped me off and it never got solved.

Sad to say I still use purolator simply because they are better then UPS for me. I just now know NEVER to pay extra for quicker shipping as it usually results in thievery.