Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > LinusTechTips Q&A

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 12, 2012, 03:39 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Lightbulb unboxing/ review request.

I would like it if linus could do an unboxing and review of one of these http://bit.ly/IckGbt reading in other forums they have a bad rep, although most people may not know that there are two version, one that is 7 years or so old and one that is newer that Tt is producing 2011 heat-sink brackets for, they also show it in their Lvl 10 GT ( i realize it has nothing to do with the kits performance though). My main goal is to get a review on this thing by a recognized and reputable professinal who has the means to compare this kit to other similar kits or self contained coolers.
Old April 12, 2012, 04:13 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

horrible one of the worse products TT ever made, I have seen 4 out of 5 we sold fail and the 1 that didnt is so loud it gives you a headache to turn on the computer haha. I would not recommend this to anyone even pulled the one I had for sale cuz I didnt want someone else to have to deal with it, I recommend a nice koolance 3.5" res and pump combo and a nice 120mm rad with a good block think you can get that all for around the same but dont hold me to it
Old April 12, 2012, 06:00 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

are you speaking of the older 760is or the 760 plus?
Old April 12, 2012, 06:27 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I'm speaking of the new 760 plus

Like the boxes of them I have at home :P all junk and all pending credit from TT except the one I ripped apart to use its rad haha.

I speak from experience and am the first to defend TT for making great psu's and cases as I own many, look on the forum I have a few pix of some of my systems with the big water before they failed, I use their cases and PSU's as I have not had any issues with them.
Old April 12, 2012, 06:46 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

yup they suck the big one
Old April 12, 2012, 07:17 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Wow some nasty specs, I would have hid those like a hairy wart, stock cooler 87C, bigwater temps ...71C. A $30 coolermaster 212+ will absolutely obliterate these temps.
Old April 17, 2012, 07:08 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

ok, ill retreat in defeat, but now i need to mention this Mushkin Enhanced Chronos Deluxe MX (sorry its newegg, didn't see it on NCIX though)
http://bit.ly/INZka0
Mushkin Enhanced Forums • View topic - Mushkin Chronos Deluxe MX?
Old April 17, 2012, 07:24 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Friend of mine bought one, toyed with it for 2 weeks before is motherboard arrived, nice drive, really quick for the price, and came with a bracket so it fits a standard drive mount.
Old April 18, 2012, 10:02 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

it seems this version or revision or whatever you want to call it is little older than a week or two old. may be that is why i couldn't find it on ncix. looks like its a decent price for the sync nand.
Old April 18, 2012, 11:08 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by trued_2 View Post
ok, ill retreat in defeat, but now i need to mention this Mushkin Enhanced Chronos Deluxe MX...
yep to this part. 6 months no issues on mine.

Although my buddy bought one too, and during his drunken install busted the PCB at the SATA connection... its a little flimsy there, but hey .. don't drink and build?