Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   LinusTechTips Q&A (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/linustechtips-q/)
-   -   Linus' Personal Rig 2012,and see my AWFUL rig more closely! (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/linustechtips-q/51205-linus-personal-rig-2012-see-my-awful-rig-more-closely.html)

Lyserberg February 2, 2012 08:30 AM

Linus' Personal Rig 2012,and see my AWFUL rig more closely!

2 Attachment(s)
Hi Linus,and all the HWC geeks!
Personal Rig Update 2012 Part 1 - Tearing Out Some Stuff, Discussing Plans Linus Tech Tips - YouTube
I watched this video and i'm by far impressed by the specs of this machine (i already watched the previous video way back and i'm happy to see u upgrading),so congratulations dude you deserve it (i might be lucky if i get my hands on a GTX560 and an i3 2105 LOL!):rofl:
So my question concerns your SSDs,all the stuff i've seen never suprised me,but the beast RAID setup u have their just freaked me out!so u have 8 SSDs (Corsair F120),Can u tell how much read/write speed u can achieve with this RAID Array ?(probably u can also tell mein what RAID mode r u running those drives),and can the T-Balancer be a good choice for my upgrade to control my fans and make them running nice and silent?
Congrats man,keep going :clap:
Contribution by other memebers is so welcomed!
:offtopic:
just for giggles here's a shot for the actual System that i use for gaming,video rendering and pretty much everything,I will be soon replacing it with a low-to-mid range Ivy Bridge NVIDIA based setup :)
But for now this is the specs of my system :The CPU is a Pentuim E2200,NVIDIA 9400GT,2GB DDR2 667MHZ and obviously a very old Maxtor IDE Drive that barely achieve 40mb/s read and 4mb/s write

supaflyx3 February 2, 2012 08:42 AM

Dude.. you should really clean your computer out once in a while, or do you live in the sahara?

Birk February 2, 2012 08:49 AM

omg i think he did clean it out haha, that cpu fan and heatsink dont seem to have enough clumps of dust to match the rest of the system :P

Adzsask February 2, 2012 08:49 AM

Ya, please don't save your old rig for a home server lol, that needs a proper viking burial :D lots of fire, then sinking to the bottom of a large body of water hahaha. Linus's new rig looks awesome, hell his old rig spanks my rig around a bit in the processor/SSD area, but someone needs to tell him a 480mm rad is more then enough to cool any 1 CPU/GPU rig with ease, could even toss in a mobo block and be ok with a 480mm, and one graphics card, even with 800RPM fans.

dewthedew February 2, 2012 08:50 AM

take that PC to a thrift store LOL

great_big_abyss February 2, 2012 01:55 PM

I think you need to buy a few cans of compressed air. And some zip ties!

Linus February 2, 2012 05:08 PM

Wow that's brutal, man....

PC Cleaning Tips / Removing Dustbunnies (NCIX Tech Tips #13) - YouTube

Phill February 2, 2012 06:31 PM

So umm, what are you gonna do with that old 980X, msi big bang and gtx480????does it need a new home? hint hint