Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > LinusTechTips Q&A

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 18, 2012, 09:49 PM
Rookie

Question Question for linus!

Hi Linus, Love the vids, whats better then PC's and cats? Nice combo, some one got it right eh?

I am looking to buy a new mouse and watched your unboxing of the corsair m90. My question is just exactly HOW good you rate it and how it compares with other mice/mouses. I noticed you said that the clickers are a little loose and this is what concerns me- i have medium-large hands and i grip like a side-ways light claw . My fingers are very strong and heavy due to playing piano, bowling, ETC. How would you rate this compared to other mouses? (To give an example, a family member has the Logitech performance MX which i cannot use whatsoever due to miss-clicks)

I appreciate your time and the videos you post! Unbox the 7970!

(Figure il throw this out there also about your NCIX raid vid, im looking to add 240GB as a boot drive/storage for games. You said a dedicated raid card helps improve performance but is it neccessary? would i require one for 4 x 60Gb in RAID0 or should i opt for 2 x 120GB?? You stated that you dont need one for raid 0/1/10 but should use one for 5/6 etc, yet on your 1.3 Gb/s 8 in RAID0 you used an $800 card so im totally confused )
Old January 18, 2012, 10:05 PM
Hall Of Fame

when it comes to raid software or onboard is sufficient for most people. if youplan ob having large arrays and a ability to addon later a dedicated card is best. you can buy good raid cards for 3-400 but comes down to what you what you want to do. i assume the 4x60gb is for ssd in which case to get best performance a dedicated card is recommended. in a 2 drive os raid setup go for onboard.
Old January 19, 2012, 12:33 AM

I still prefer G9 and Steelseries Ikari (Mionix Naos) for shape to be honest. It's hard for me to evalute mice for people with different shaped hands than myself though...

For faster (and official) NCIX service please contact our customer care team at www.NCIX.com (Canada) or www.NCIXUS.com (USA)

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=25647
Old January 22, 2012, 05:54 PM
Rookie

Ok thx linus!

Well i know the raid card is preffered but say il get 500 mb/s on 1 drive and 700+ on 2 drives raid0, will 4 drives raid0 be a little better or worse ? Im like a huge fan of fast boot-up/app/game load time so this is important! lol

Tags
gaming mouse , help with parts , linus i need help , m90 , raid controller