Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > LinusTechTips Q&A

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 19, 2012, 04:37 AM
Lyserberg

There's one thing i have to say!
Just use the onboard sound card,most PPL are not going to download 40MB just to hear a nice relaxing nelly furtado song (that if a file such was avaible),second the most limiting factor is the software:if you have crappy sound files,youtube videos (which use AAC 128kb/s bitrate),and games that only support stereo! Honestly i can't see any benefit at all,althought everything you said is true,but PC freaks r not going to spend money on high end audio solutions,unless they really need it!for music,for competition...etc
Digital is the future!just buy your self a 4kX2k TV,a Dual Radeon HD 7970 and a 7.1 DIGITAL audio solution,and u'll be able to play relaxed just with your basic onboard digital solution,without worrying about any analog badness
I know that digital isn't very much used these fays buyt trust me,it works and it's excellent when you're hearing music,watching bluray,or just playing a game like BioShock2 which has the most complete audio options yet (i belive)
Old January 19, 2012, 08:25 AM
Top Prospect

a good quality headphone amp will make tons of difference.. and a good quality DAC (digital analog converter) will give more details

sound card inside a pc is never optimized for sound (it's optmized for a certain price point) and it picks up interference..

-joe