Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > LinusTechTips Q&A

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 30, 2011, 09:17 AM
Lyserberg

Lightbulb What Video editing software do u use,Linus?

Hello HWC peeps :P
Since a while i've been editing videos,HD and 3D content,some Fraps recording to upload on my youtube channel.
But the things is i was doing that with CyberLink PowerDirector (which is not a toy BTW) i really respected the way that this software works,and its True VeloCity 2 hardware acceleration technology,but i feel i'm so bottlenecked by the new possibilities for other video editing softwares and i wanted to go higher a little bit.
My question is basically,What video editing software do u use? and Does it have a 64bits version (actually i only have 2GB RAM, Dual core pentuim CPU,and a 9400GT so whenever i do my upgrade to sandy bridge i'll be ready for it :D )
And if u could or other members can,link me a channel or a video that have some lessons to become a real freak in the software (I use PhotoShop aftereffect,since a while some of Cinema4D and other stuff as well).
Unfortunatly i have to wait for Linus' reponse before going any further
If u guys asked about money,i have the bucks to buy anything,give me ur suggestions if u want but my priority is Linus' video editing software afterall
Old December 30, 2011, 09:37 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

He says in his newest video that he uses sony vegas..
Old December 31, 2011, 08:48 AM
Lyserberg

And Do i look like an idiot? (no offense) i know he use Sony Vegas but which one?
there's Pro 11,there's platinum there's production suite and a lot of other video editing softwares rofl
Old December 31, 2011, 09:07 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

If you're really keen on video editing you need a better rig obviously. Adobe CS5 or Sony Vegas Pro. Mac's latest version has issues or so I've heard but it's predecessor is really good apparently. I've been toying around with a cheaper software over the past year but I too have reached my limit with it's capabilities.
Mah Rig now
Mah Rig before
My stuff for sale.
Old December 31, 2011, 09:42 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyserberg View Post
And Do i look like an idiot? (no offense) i know he use Sony Vegas but which one?
there's Pro 11,there's platinum there's production suite and a lot of other video editing softwares rofl
He says the exact software he uses, you even posted the video somewhere. I'm not about to weed through all my youtube subs to find the video.
But as shades said, you'll need some beefy hardware if you want to render any HD content.
Old December 31, 2011, 12:20 PM
Lyserberg

I do have bucks,and i also have a sandy bridge upgrade coming up,the thing is that i didn't find aenough infos on their website to say "Well is that what he use? Great i'll order it right NOW!" My aussiming is that he uses Sony Vegas platinum 2011.
My first reason to ask this,is that i always found that Sony products wether it's affordable or not (Pro or for family) still very hard to use,in PowerDirector u can work with eyes blind! everything is perfectly located on the screen,and belive it or not,i did a 40 minutes 720p rendering with it,even on my old system i didn't felt any slowdown or any issues what so ever.
While the Sony babes bro is so complicated in a way that i uninstalled it in the same day i installed it,and crashed my head on the wall,Oh my GOD BOTH WERE PAINFUL!
So i assume there's probably a product easy to work with that Linus uses and i don't know about! I know ur around here Linus so Show up and help me here :)
Old December 31, 2011, 10:59 PM

Vegas Platinum 11 cuz I'm too cheap for pro.

For faster (and official) NCIX service please contact our customer care team at www.NCIX.com (Canada) or www.NCIXUS.com (USA)

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=25647
Old January 1, 2012, 12:00 PM
Lyserberg

It's done and i ordered the software by internet,downloaded it,and the hell it's very EASY!
Thanks Linus,I really thank u whenever ur alive,i actually learned some very good tricks with this guy,While with Vegas Pro it was a total waste of money (so complicated,so expensive=Unhappy :D)
Old January 1, 2012, 02:02 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

I don't know why you specifically want Linus' exact piece of software. He just uses it for super simple editing that Windows Movie Maker would be sufficient for.