Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > LinusTechTips Q&A

View Poll Results: Why do you like Linus?
He unbox things very high end i would've dream having them! 3 100.00%
Because he do some handy tech tips from time to time which lead to help me when i'm stuck! 3 100.00%
I subcribed to his channel,but i don't watch his videos too much generally!Not very intrested 0 0%
Tech,Uboxings,Cats...?! Not my stuff :P 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 30, 2011, 12:35 PM
Lyserberg

Wink How did you know about LTT? what was the 1st video you ever watched?

I hope that doesn't bother Linus but i hope getting contribution here
I'm gonna start with my own experience,once a day i go to a wifi access point (belive it or not i didn't have Internet ),and i found a great video card,so far i thought the GTX295 is the most powerful card but i found the GTX580 and i asked my self WTH is this thing? becoz already that 295 was a monster in terms of perfomance,anyway i typed GTX 580 Test and i start playing videos,some videos are with bad quality,another one with a kid talking,basically none of them was perfect and i found the LinusTechTips benchmark against other cards,and i was so impressed about the mount of cards that he had,and the games he do testing on,i said Where the heck he's getting all that money,and after a while i knew about NCIX and basically they give you those stuff
i subbed when you had not very mush over 50k subs and now you're a celebrity i hope that won't get you any futher from your Fans,Linus we all like you and the work you do,i appreciate that time you take to shoot some great videos,and even if you stopped i won't unsub,we all like you as a person not as a reviewer and an unboxer
Canada must be very proud of having a guy like you
ehere's the link for the first video that i ever watched
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 & SLI MSI & EVGA Graphics Card Video Review Linus Tech Tips - YouTube
BTW this video almost reach 200.000 views :)
Old November 30, 2011, 02:33 PM

Lol. Most people here aren't really fans of me... /understatement.

The reason I picked this forum as my go-to place for my viewers to come and ask questions was due to the depth of knowledge that exists, not any particular affinity that HWC has for me or my videos.

I wanted viewers to have the best chance possible of getting a solid answer to their questions when I couldn't answer them myself, and HWC is the right place for that.

But yeah. I suspect this thread won't gain much traction.

For faster (and official) NCIX service please contact our customer care team at www.NCIX.com (Canada) or www.NCIXUS.com (USA)

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=25647
Old November 30, 2011, 02:40 PM

My System Specs

I enjoy watching the videos. Most of the time I think they are rather funny.

Although I have no clue what was the first one I've seen.
Old November 30, 2011, 02:55 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

First one I seen was the NCIX video tutorial for build your own PC which I found extremely helpful being the n00b that I am.

I envy you Linus. You have the coolest job!
Old November 30, 2011, 04:19 PM
Hall Of Fame

Haven't watched them in awhile but the last time I did I felt I lost a few brain cells.
Old November 30, 2011, 04:23 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
Haven't watched them in awhile but the last time I did I felt I lost a few brain cells.
Negative brain cells are quite the accomplishment!

I think it was the powerline ethernet vs wireless video you did. Thought it was a great demo of the powerline technology.
Fold for team #54196
Old November 30, 2011, 05:47 PM
Trial Member

Really enjoy your videos Linus! I started watching back in 2009... the first video was one for a Gigabyte p55m-ud2 motherboard. I was building a budget computer, and didn't expect to find much on that micro-atx! After that I watched a ton of videos on your channel and the NCIX channel, and still watch them to this day haha.
Old November 30, 2011, 05:53 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

First video I saw was the very first NCIX video back when Linus first started making videos, they're usually good for a laugh.
(Example would be Linus tripping over a cable in one of his early NCIX videos and almost faceplanting)
Old November 30, 2011, 05:55 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
Lol. Most people here aren't really fans of me... /understatement.

The reason I picked this forum as my go-to place for my viewers to come and ask questions was due to the depth of knowledge that exists, not any particular affinity that HWC has for me or my videos.

I wanted viewers to have the best chance possible of getting a solid answer to their questions when I couldn't answer them myself, and HWC is the right place for that.

But yeah. I suspect this thread won't gain much traction.
Personally I am ambivalent towards you so neither a fan nor a hater. Just anther experienced guy with a (notoriously) low BS tolerance level. BUT I do think you do provide a very good service to first time users who dont even know what questions they need to ask and are looking for nice baby steps in an easy to digest format. For that I do respect (most of) your videos....and yes I do watch some of your vids from time to time. Always good for a chuckle.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr

Last edited by AkG; November 30, 2011 at 06:02 PM.
Old November 30, 2011, 05:57 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Heh... the first video I saw of him, we weren't allowed to confirm (or mention) who it was..... ;)

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP