Linus, I have a few questions.
Hey Linus can you help me out? Me and my friends are planning on making a computer case and I just had a few questions and if you can't answer them it's okay.
1. Planning on building my case all out of aluminum, is that a good idea?
2. What kind of tools would we need to cut, weld and bend the aluminium?
3. What should we consider when we are designing/building the case?
1. All aluminum cases are done from time to time, but due the cost/lack of rigidity of aluminum, you'll have to be sure that your design provides enough support and structure to keep it from bending
2. No idea dude. If you or someone you know isn't already fairly well-versed in metal working, this may not be a realistic project...
3. The motherboard tray is usually the hardest part. Just buy one from Mountain Mods or something, then work from that.
Check out the Case Mod page.
Specifically, THIS LINK. This fellow built a case from scratch using raw materials. It will give you a good idea of the tools needed and the amount of work involved.
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:45 AM.|