Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > LinusTechTips Q&A

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 9, 2011, 03:54 PM
MVP

imo this forum isn't active enough to have to segregate. 24 hours = roughly 3 pages maybe into a 4th if you hit 'new posts'....20-30 min worth of surfing for me, not like some other places where you get hundreds of posts an hour.

I'm not old skool enough here to comment on the moderation complaints. Haven't seen anything particularly disgusting or contentious, so in that respect I suppose I think the job is being done fine. Unless you want it to become genmay on [H], more moderation rather than less will satisfy the lowest common denominator and (most) corporate sponsors.
EVGA GTX 580 SSC
Caviar Black 1TB x2 RAID0
Corsair Gold 850W
Corsair H80
Corsair 600T Graphite
Old October 9, 2011, 04:58 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergrover View Post
I have said what I think about the Linus Threads in the first page of the Feedback thread, good idea but as others would like to see it tied into the other forums with redirects, but I like neatness, every thread in its place.
PLEASE. This is section so far is a clusterbuck of random questions. If the intention is to help people, put it into the appropriate section so the inquirer doesn't have to search this section AS WELL as the proper section on HWC for comparative answers

Quote:
I mean both John and I used to just wade into argumentative discussions with a big a stick, want to argue fine, temp vacation.
I liked it better that way

Zephyranthes
E8400 4.0ghz, XFX 780i, Mushkin XP2 PC-6400, Antec Earthwatts 750W

Old October 9, 2011, 05:23 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackquelegs View Post
PLEASE. This is section so far is a clusterbuck of random questions. If the intention is to help people, put it into the appropriate section so the inquirer doesn't have to search this section AS WELL as the proper section on HWC for comparative answers
^Pretty much this. If anything Linus might as well make his own forum if the questions are kept separate.

However, I think the bigger issue that doesn't have a solution is that a lot of people think Linus walks on water and whatever he says is gospel truth. No matter what suggestion us bottom dwelling forum members can say won't ever hold as much as weight as a single word from Linus

In the end, I have no idea what solution to this Q&A section will be acceptable to both the forum and the higher ups so I'll just stfu now, sit tight and go back to gaming

Old October 10, 2011, 12:39 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

There's no forum policy forcing anyone to read and answer Linus's questions for him. So what's the issue? You don't like helping people or don't like helping Linus help people? It's really as simple as ignoring this section of the forum if it's too random to wade through. It's much easier than bickering or turning it into a bunch of sub-forums, or scattering the questions to other sub-forums.
Old October 10, 2011, 09:57 AM
Hall Of Fame

I don't like this becoming a Linus sub-forum (nothing against Linus though!), with posts in all caps like: OH HAI LINUS (screw you HWC what even are you?) I NEED HELP CAN U HELP ME NAO PLZ PLZ RESPOND!1! (exaggerated yes, but I bet you this will happen sometime :P)

We *want* to ignore that section, hence why people are asking for those posts to be removed from the new posts search. I still think that only Linus should be posting in that Q&A section, with those posts being relevantly cross posted to the appropriate forum sections somehow, but I can't think of a solution offhand that doesn't involve duplication/confusion. The man simply needs his own forum XD
Old October 10, 2011, 11:14 AM
Top Prospect

Linus should be the one posting in his section. I am not against him having his own sub section, actually I would like it. I will gladly help people that ask for Linus's help, but a lot of people are just posting in the Linus section, rather than the proper sub section