Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > LinusTechTips Q&A

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 6, 2011, 01:14 PM
Lyserberg

Default A request from a good friend that you know quite well

I'm again tjhat french hoping really to redo the Black Ops perfomance review for SERIOUS REASONS!! PLEASE TAKE YOUR TIME TO READ THIS:
Hello Linus I have some (actually a lot) complaining about your Perfomance review in Call of duty Black Ops:
1-you weren't running in a CPU bottleneck
2-The cards, that you took are fully capable of running this game at 60fps stable
3-Please you were using the Core i7 875k which i think that can bottleneck (this time really) some decent GPU SLI configs
Anyway here where i press the trigger:Prepare yourself (some rock music) Black Ops is by default set to not go over 90fps.A friend of mine has a GTX590 (slower than 2 580s) and he gets 230 fps with no VSYNC with max FPS set to 1000
Linus i'm one of your bigget fans and i which i can see you one day IRL and thank you for all the job that you do for us,AND that's why i'm getting your attention to hopefully redo the review with the 2600k (to avoid any CPU bottleneck)
Attached Images

Old October 6, 2011, 01:38 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

It's a video, not an in-depth performance review. When people understand this, they'll go back to READING rather than watching a quick video...
Old October 6, 2011, 01:51 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

meh. I think linus just intended to make a video showing off a new game (at the time of filming). He wasn't going for an in depth video card review.
Old October 6, 2011, 09:16 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

i uh seriously doubt the cpu was the bottleneck

i have a friend on a q6600
who gets over 60 fps on his machine
and he uses a ati 4850
Old October 7, 2011, 01:41 AM
Lyserberg

But come on i mean.Uh... he could do some research before He did this it's too weird to aim with your weapon on the ground (which in black ops can increase your framerate by 50%) and see no difference what so ever ???
Old October 7, 2011, 02:13 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Why does it really matter though.. black ops is a terrible game and nobody really plays it. :l
Old October 7, 2011, 07:58 AM
Hall Of Fame

BLOPS is a terribad game, and not everyone can afford a flippin' 2600k (and upgrade every generation to do so) regardless of video card configuration.
Old October 7, 2011, 04:17 PM
Lyserberg

I know it's a terribad game (Battlefield just crash it on the ground) but it's only like a dark spot in his channel and i'm so impressed no one mnetionned this in comments.I'm not a Linus Tech Tips fan from a long time (probably when he had 60k subs i subscribed)So i couldn't pay his attention (i have 3 or 2 thumbed up comments in his videos i have some cool ideas at every video :D)
It's all about him if he wanted to redo it he can delete the other videos or at least he can refrain from making this mistake with MW3.
I played all the COD games and they al have this 90fps limitation (you have to set it to 1000 max FPS everytime you launch the game in the console)

Tags
call of duty , linus , perfomance review