Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > LinusTechTips Q&A

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 13, 2011, 05:10 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundwire123 View Post
Would still like to know from Killswitch what the results were from the ax pro's. Would rather get them if they do have talk back or a way to loop the mic gain back through the speakers. I know you can do this on pc with a feature integrated into the sound card, but their is lag between the time you speak, and the time you hear it. and by the way, how long will/should this thread stay up and how do I delete it. or does someone else do that?
Hey, sorry I took so long. The Ax Pro's don't have talkback on their own. I have to enable that through the sound card, and surprisingly the delay from mic to speakers is very minimal.... almost instant actually.

By the way, from what I've researched it looks like the terms "mic monitoring" and "talkback" are two different things. It looks like in XBox 360 world, talkback is just the term used for "talking back" to someone else, not to yourself.
Old October 17, 2011, 02:59 PM
Rookie

I got the razer chimera 5.1 which works on my xbox and pc though i wont lie i was expecting it to sound better
its wireless but to chat you need to connect a wire like the microsoft headsets
Old October 17, 2011, 07:41 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

yah, the razer's are nice, but the thing is they don't have true surround. They are simulating the surround sound through only one single 50mm driver. That's probubly why you'r not to satisfied with the sound. I'll go with stereo before simulation. You do get good directionality with a good pair of hifi stereo headsets to. And the wireless is never good. Though the razer cinima's do use the 5.8 ghz band which is better for quality than 2.4. Thanks for the feedback and opinion.
Old November 4, 2011, 03:24 AM
Rookie

I must admit its not the surround aspect that bothered me that infact was pretty decent. Its more so the maximum volume
level isnt very loud at maximum. Overall the headset sounds good very crip clear sound, theres no issues with it being wireless u dont see any sort of lag or interference. Though im not sure what that talkback feature is i thought ill let u know of this just to increase ur options at least.
Old November 4, 2011, 08:20 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Default wireless is never good

The wireless feature is a must for some, and sometimes the few millisecond delay is fine for most users cause they really need that wireless ability/feature more. As I said, the razers transmit over 5.8 ghz which is much better than the standard 2.4 ghz. Their is delay in the signal, its just so small you wont notice it and it really isn't a concern just something sceptics (like my self) like to complain about. A few milliseconds certainly isn't going to make that much of a difference. Those headsets I also believe are not amplified that's why your not getting the volume that you desire. their good headsets, just not for me in particular.