Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > LinusTechTips Q&A

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 29, 2011, 08:00 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Where are you going to buying your components? Newegg.com or .ca?
The oath to serve your country did not include a contract for normal luxury, and comforts enjoyed within our society. On the contrary it implies hardships, loyalty and devotion to duty, regardless of rank

Last edited by PerryC; September 29, 2011 at 08:05 PM.
Old September 29, 2011, 08:14 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryC View Post
Where are you going to buying your components? Newegg.com or .ca?
Newegg since i live in usa. Most of the parts are free shipping.
Old September 29, 2011, 08:26 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Yeah, I was just searching your parts on PriceGrabber.com and couldn't really get any better deals than what you already posted. The price of the WD hard drive isn't bad. You could always go with a 500 or 640GB to save some money there, depends on whether you think you will need the space or not.
The oath to serve your country did not include a contract for normal luxury, and comforts enjoyed within our society. On the contrary it implies hardships, loyalty and devotion to duty, regardless of rank
Old September 30, 2011, 05:50 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryC View Post
Yeah, I was just searching your parts on PriceGrabber.com and couldn't really get any better deals than what you already posted. The price of the WD hard drive isn't bad. You could always go with a 500 or 640GB to save some money there, depends on whether you think you will need the space or not.
Yeah im actually thinking about 500gb instead of 1tb, since im just making a mid-range gaming pc. And about ssd, you think 64gb is enough for boot drive?
Old September 30, 2011, 10:53 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I hear NCIX is doing pricematches for the states now, plus they have a free shipping promo going on to celebrate their new American warehouse. If you don't have a Microcenter near you, you can still get Microcenter prices apparently.

http://www.ncix.us/
Old September 30, 2011, 02:03 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilya View Post
I hear NCIX is doing pricematches for the states now, plus they have a free shipping promo going on to celebrate their new American warehouse. If you don't have a Microcenter near you, you can still get Microcenter prices apparently.

http://www.ncix.us/
Ill get some the parts from them, but can you check my specs on 1st page and tell me your feedback. Cause i am gonna buy the mobo and cpu ang gpu in couple of hours. I just wanna make that they will all work. And i hope linus is here so he can also check my specs.
Old September 30, 2011, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by feubarkada View Post
Ill get some the parts from them, but can you check my specs on 1st page and tell me your feedback. Cause i am gonna buy the mobo and cpu ang gpu in couple of hours. I just wanna make that they will all work. And i hope linus is here so he can also check my specs.
Those parts should work okay :)

For faster (and official) NCIX service please contact our customer care team at www.NCIX.com (Canada) or www.NCIXUS.com (USA)

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=25647
Old September 30, 2011, 02:30 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
Those parts should work okay :)
Thats the sign i am waiting for. Thanks Linus.
Old September 30, 2011, 02:51 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by feubarkada View Post
Yeah im actually thinking about 500gb instead of 1tb, since im just making a mid-range gaming pc. And about ssd, you think 64gb is enough for boot drive?
A 64GB SSD is sufficient for a Windows 7 boot drive. You may wish to move the 'Documents and Settings' and ProgramData folders to an HDD partition and use the saved space for some apps. There are different ways to accomplish this that have been previously documented.

With those folders and the pagefile moved to other partitions, my Windows 7 boot partitions only have around 25GB or less of occupied space on each of my systems. The optimal location for the pagefile is situational, but I usually prefer it off my SSDs and in its own partition.
Old October 2, 2011, 03:19 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Can someone please confirm to me that my specs will run the bf3 in high settings. Cause my friend told me that i should get the gtx 580 instead of 560 ti.