Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > LinusTechTips Q&A

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 28, 2011, 12:38 PM
Default Building a new gaming machine and need help picking a case

This is a question from TFC118:

Quote:
i am investing in a computer for myself and i would love to become a pc gamer, run everything on the very highest settings such as bf3 and crysis 2.

i was wondering if this computer was good enough it comes with a 3d monitor and everything, GX2500 3D Gaming PC - Step 1 of 6 and can you help me choose a case?

i have chosen a mouse that id get which would be the razer mamba and a razer keyboard, and would the monitor be 2d aswell?
That looks like a fairly well thought-out build so far.

The CM690 II, Define R3, and Corsair 650D are my favourites out of the cases on their list for a machine such as yours. If you get the Define R3 you might want to add a side exhaust fan for your 570.

The Mamba is not my favourite mouse as I am old-fashioned and prefer not to fuss with batteries. It comes down to personal choice and style though. Here's a video I did up on mouse grips:

Gaming Mouse Ergonomics Guide - What You Need to Know About Grips NCIX Tech Tips - YouTube

For faster (and official) NCIX service please contact our customer care team at www.NCIX.com (Canada) or www.NCIXUS.com (USA)

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=25647
Old September 28, 2011, 12:41 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Don't get the Mamba, save yourself some money and just get a Deathadder. Pretty much the same mice, with a cord. (I had both, they work the same, just one with a bigger price tag and wireless, which is bad if you game alot...)

Linus gave you good choices for the case, having built computer with 2 of those cases (the CM and the Define R3) I can say they're good cases, as for the 650D, I have it's bigger brother, the 800D, a tank, need I say more? All comes down to preference :)