Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > LinusTechTips Q&A

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 28, 2011, 12:54 AM
Default How to connect front panel audio in a computer case

This is a question from sircgraff:

Quote:
hey how do you connect the audio in the cooler master haf 912 i only have one port for the hd audio wire but theres another one connected do you need to connect that?cuz im not geting no audio :(

I think the problem may be a BIOS setting. You should make sure that you connect only the "HD" audio plug to the header on your motherboard, and that the BIOS setting from front panel audio on your motherboard is set to HD or azalia rather than AC97.

It may help if you take a picture of your setup to help the forum members here to assist you.

For faster (and official) NCIX service please contact our customer care team at www.NCIX.com (Canada) or www.NCIXUS.com (USA)

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=25647
Old September 29, 2011, 12:22 AM
Trial Member

Smile

found the problem im geus my motherboard (ASUS M2N-E SLI ) doesnt support hd so i just unplugged the hd wire and inserted the one that was connected to it somthing like ac97 and it worked thanks anyways..!!a+
Old September 29, 2011, 01:10 AM

That's weird. Are you sure it's not a BIOS setting that you can change?

Either way, as long as it's working now, then that's good :)

Thanks for registering on hardware canucks. There's lots of good information here and hopefully you will come back if you have any other questions in the future :)

For faster (and official) NCIX service please contact our customer care team at www.NCIX.com (Canada) or www.NCIXUS.com (USA)

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=25647
Old September 29, 2011, 02:51 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

It does support HD audio, my M2N-E supports it and that's what I'm using.
Old October 10, 2011, 02:08 PM
Trial Member

Smile How to get to BIOS

Hey Linus,

I am having the same problem as the OP; my front audio jack does not work while the one on the back of the case works. I have a Cooler Master HAF 912. My motherboard is an ASRock z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3. I have HD audio enabled and I was reading your response to the OP, letting him know that he could change the settings for his front audio panel in BIOS. When I press "delete" at the startup before Windows, I am brought to UEFI or something like that. Are you familiar with that? Is there a way I can get to BIOS so I can attempt to enable the front audio jack for HD audio?
Old October 12, 2011, 07:55 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

UEFI is the new BIOS on the P67/Z68 and newer boards. It is starting to appear on the new AMD boards now as well I believe.
The oath to serve your country did not include a contract for normal luxury, and comforts enjoyed within our society. On the contrary it implies hardships, loyalty and devotion to duty, regardless of rank
Old October 12, 2011, 07:57 PM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Wait. Hang on. The correct answer is RTFM? Seriously.