Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > LinusTechTips Q&A

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 27, 2011, 02:58 PM
Default Motherboard Recommendation between $8000-13000 PHP

This is a question from lin0cruz:

Quote:
Hi Linus Tech Tips,
I'm from the Philippines and i'm actually building a PC and need your most honest opinion on the best board i could invest my money in, i fount it very easy to search the net for very high end Motherboards either but the only things that's preventing me from settling in and just deciding which to buy is the numerous reviews i read about them online specifically "Newegg.com" which on countless reviews proves that some good motherboards come DOA, With BIOS Issues, or even after a month or so Dies. now i know linus tech tips has done its part in introducing computer products to the users via youtube and believe me you could have not been more helpfull, but what i'm asking you is based on lifespan and reliability what motherboard would you suggest i buy ?

here are my criteria

1. most definitely i haven't decided on whether i should settle for amd or intel but most definitely the only choices are an i5-2500K Unlocked Processor 6M Cache, 3.30 GHz processor or an AMD Phenom II X6 1100T 3.3ghz be

2. now with that on mind i am building a gaming rig which would then i would be planning a crossfire or SLI configuration

3. the main criteria for the motherboard is something between the cost of 8,000 PHP and as much as 13,000 PHP.

4. i know what your thinking what the hell ? so i've indicated a link below which is basically a store here in the philippines where i plan to get rig for my pc build. if you could just pls help me choose motherboards here that you recommend both for intel or for AMD build eitherways i have it all figured out already its only the motherboard that i couldn't decide on

5. think "on the long run" and "performance" as my no 1 criteria for choosing a motherboard

hope you could help me come up with one idea for the motherboard thanks !!! and hope to hear from you soon
Intel Core i5 2500K is the route I would go for a gaming machine between those two processors.

As for reliability of motherboards.... DOA boards happen. That's life. You cannot avoid it. You just have to remember that for every negative review on a site like NewEgg "RAWR this thing died in a week", there are probably 50-100 happy customers who didn't post anything because the product is working just fine for them.

My recommendation based on your price range and something to go well with SLI/Crossfire and the 2500K is the ASUS P8Z68-V Pro: TipidPC.com | Mobo lga1155 Asus P8Z68-V Pro

For faster (and official) NCIX service please contact our customer care team at www.NCIX.com (Canada) or www.NCIXUS.com (USA)

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=25647
Old September 27, 2011, 06:42 PM
Rookie

Re: Re:pls help me in finding a good motherboard :(
Hey linus,

for starters i do appreciate the effort you put on giving me your most honest and unbiased advise and also to the extent where you even made a thread, but having your recommendation in mind i was actually thinking of choosing something between these motherboards

1. Asrock Fatal1ty Z68 Professional Gen3 > TipidPC.com | Mobo lga1155 Asrock Fatal1ty Z68 Professional Gen3
2. Mobo lga1155 Gigabyte Z68X-UD7 B3 > TipidPC.com | Mobo lga1155 Gigabyte Z68X-UD7 B3
3. Mobo lga1155 MSi Z68A-GD80 B3 > TipidPC.com | Mobo lga1155 MSi Z68A-GD80 B3
4. Mobo lga1155 Asus P8Z68-V Pro > TipidPC.com | Mobo lga1155 Asus P8Z68-V Pro

i did forget to indicate that i do not mind going just a little bit over the budget for a better board and if i were to follow the trend of you recommendations i'm sure you would find it better to recommend me something better based on the boards that i've posted above this paragraph.. hope you could reply soon thanks soo much and best regards

- Jay Cruz
Philippines
Old September 27, 2011, 07:01 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

#4 would be the best choice.
Old September 27, 2011, 07:21 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamb View Post
#4 would be the best choice.

why , why and why not the others ? kindly pls explain and expound further :) thanks so much !
Old September 27, 2011, 07:28 PM
Hall Of Fame

#4, from reviews and personal experience. it's a very solid board.
Old September 27, 2011, 07:34 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lin0cruz View Post
why , why and why not the others ? kindly pls explain and expound further :) thanks so much !
Because that's the board I was considering for a 2600K build myself :P

Great reviews, good board all around, good overclocker, great price and it's Asus
Old September 27, 2011, 08:24 PM
Hall Of Fame

you should seriously consider the ASUS Maximus IV GENE-Z Z68 its actually cheaper than the z68 pro

best board i tested
even better than the ud7 i had

evga e760 +920 4.8 water5.0+ on phase linx stable
gtx285 tri-sli
dfi ut-p35 lt
e8600@4.6 1.38v
too much ram
Old September 28, 2011, 10:25 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Isn't that something like 300 CAD ? which isn't allot of money why not go AMD?