Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > LinusTechTips Q&A

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 27, 2011, 02:29 PM
Default Question for Ultimate Gaming Rig - Cooling Options and 4-way vs 3-way SLI

This is a question from Skaventor:

Quote:
Hi!
A while ago now you did a video ( I think it was on the NCIX channel ) about an ultimate gaming rig. I want to build an awesome gaming PC to, but I hae encountered a few problems.

the first of which is that I don't know if I can fit a Corsair Hydro Series H100 (with two 120mm fans) in the top of a Cooler Master HAF X. the fan sizes in the case are 200mm, but can I still get smaller ones up there???

secondly is it better to have two Nvidia GTX 590's in SLI or a combo of four oder GPU's (Nvidia always) in SLI???

thanks for all your help, and I know that you cannot reply to anything any more, but if you do then thanks sooooo much. I just thought I'd tell you because you said to tell you if somebody was actually going to try one of the gaming rigs. Thanks a ton!!! bye!
1. I believe the HAF X supports a dual 120mm radiator at the top (or even a triple). Can someone correct me if I'm wrong?

2. You definitely don't want any older GPUs. Stick with 500 series if you want to do a beast gaming machine. There is some debate about whether it's better to go with three 580s versus dual 590s, however. Personally I don't see much value to SLI/CrossfireX past TWO cards... The performance gains are quite small at that point.

For faster (and official) NCIX service please contact our customer care team at www.NCIX.com (Canada) or www.NCIXUS.com (USA)

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=25647