Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > LinusTechTips Q&A

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 27, 2011, 01:35 PM
Default Where does LinusTechTips get all his hardware??

This is a question from Erectionproblem (really hope that's just a nickname...):

Quote:
Hi, I watched your videos and I have a question. How do you get all the money to buy all that? You have really impressive stuff, stuff I wish I had. Lol I upgraded my PC this year for the second time and now my 5850 wont even run fking bf3 on the highest settings. :( It really sucks because I'm a Battlefield player since 2002, and you seriously need 580's in SLI to run it on the highest settings. :( I do not even meet recommended requirements. Well whatevs, thanks for the great video's goodbye!
I have many sources for hardware. Sometimes companies send me review units (which I often send back once I am finished) to look at and evaluate, other times I borrow things from my work (NCIX.com - Canada's Premier Computer Store - Online PC Discount Store, Buy Computer Accessories), and the other most common way I get things is the good old fashioned "buy it" method :)

I've actually even been known to BORROW hardware from friends to complete a review if I need it for reference and I don't have one!

For faster (and official) NCIX service please contact our customer care team at www.NCIX.com (Canada) or www.NCIXUS.com (USA)

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=25647
Old September 27, 2011, 01:41 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I lol'd at the nickname.

NCIX is the best shop right now in Canada for computer components because of 2 things : best service around and biggest selection (pricematch would make that 3 but it's not unique anymore...)

Linux probably has the dream job of many geeks around the world...;)

You are one lucky geek! :D