Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > LinusTechTips Q&A

    
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old December 29, 2011, 11:10 AM
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 47

My System Specs

Default h80

fan speed in bios doesnt update when I hit the button. any idea why this is?
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old January 3, 2012, 04:06 PM
Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: montreal, canada
Posts: 29
Default

Does anyone know if we need or can change the water fluid in the H100's or H80's?
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old January 3, 2012, 04:25 PM
enaberif's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Calgahree, AB
Posts: 10,473
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by avrionis View Post
Does anyone know if we need or can change the water fluid in the H100's or H80's?
no and why would you want to?
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old January 3, 2012, 06:45 PM
bigFOIG's Avatar
MVP
F@H
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Vancouver, B.C.
Posts: 426

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by avrionis View Post
Does anyone know if we need or can change the water fluid in the H100's or H80's?
You can't and you don't need to. That's one of the benefits of those liquid cooling systems. No maintenance needed.


Back to the OP. I recommend compression fittings over barbs. They're a bit more expensive, but I think they're worth it. With barbs, you'll need something like hose clamps or zip ties to keep to tubing in place. With compression fittings, all you gotta to is tighten them and everything's good.
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old January 3, 2012, 08:02 PM
enaberif's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Calgahree, AB
Posts: 10,473
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigFOIG View Post
You can't and you don't need to. That's one of the benefits of those liquid cooling systems. No maintenance needed.


Back to the OP. I recommend compression fittings over barbs. They're a bit more expensive, but I think they're worth it. With barbs, you'll need something like hose clamps or zip ties to keep to tubing in place. With compression fittings, all you gotta to is tighten them and everything's good.
clamps... pfft i never did
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old January 4, 2012, 03:41 PM
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 47

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snatchby View Post
fan speed in bios doesnt update when I hit the button. any idea why this is?

anyone help me with this problem?
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old January 4, 2012, 04:44 PM
enaberif's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Calgahree, AB
Posts: 10,473
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snatchby View Post
anyone help me with this problem?
button for what?
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old January 4, 2012, 05:37 PM
KaptCrunch's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ontario
Posts: 2,854
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snatchby View Post
fan speed in bios doesnt update when I hit the button. any idea why this is?
no speed sensor used on that channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by snatchby View Post
anyone help me with this problem?
Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
button for what?

hardware or software
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old January 4, 2012, 09:27 PM
bigFOIG's Avatar
MVP
F@H
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Vancouver, B.C.
Posts: 426

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
clamps... pfft i never did
Or you can be a badass and use barbs without anything! Though you are risking a tube popping off and turning your watercooled system into an aquarium.
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old January 4, 2012, 10:03 PM
enaberif's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Calgahree, AB
Posts: 10,473
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigFOIG View Post
Or you can be a badass and use barbs without anything! Though you are risking a tube popping off and turning your watercooled system into an aquarium.
you obviously never put 7/16 on 1/2 barbs and tried taking it off.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[WTB] GTX 580 Beastylemon Buy/Sell & Trade 12 November 2, 2011 12:39 PM
H80 or H100 Reviews? PerryC Water Cooling 40 August 21, 2011 07:57 AM
[FS] Corsair XMS3 3X2GB 2000MHz, Corsair XMS3 3X2GB 1333MHz bombdigiti Buy/Sell & Trade 12 July 18, 2011 10:47 PM
Corsair Showcases Computer Build with the Corsair 800D and H50 FiXT Press Releases & Tech News 2 October 2, 2009 12:22 AM