Go Back   Hardware Canucks > Mac, iPhone & iPod > iPhone & iPods

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 4, 2008, 02:22 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Default apple Iphone 3g

This is a call to any person who frequents remote area's (ie, anywhere a rig goes in alberta) with a ROGERS phone...

now i'm quite aware of the massive suckyness of the rogers network, and truethfully, i have NO love for the apple i phone. But as far as circumstances are, i'm fairly pissy with BELL. I do a "fair" amount of data on my cell phone every now and then... and by "fair" i mean less than 30 bloody megabytes per month. i'd do more but i'm scared of the huge cost of going over my plan (6 bucks per mb) that is already way over priced (60 dollars for 30 mb)...

so i'm talking to a friend of mine who works at a rogers wireless store, she tells me i can get SIX GIGS for 30 bucks if you get a contract and the iphone... now... i dont do that much data with my phone... but mostly because i stop myself, if i had the data, i'd surely use it...

i'd drop bell in a hot minute if i thought their service area was worth a damn, but from what i hear it sucks. does anyone have the iphone that works in the patch? or remote areas anyway? is the phone a total piece of junk? let me know... i want to call bell and complane, but before that i need to be willing to backup my threats....

vista 64 on these rigs
Q9450 @ 3.5Ghz | E8400 @ 4.2Ghz
8gb Muskin Redline. | 2gb Kingston Hyperx
________________________________|_________________ ______________
EVGA 780i FTW ----\--||___||--/---- EVGA 780i SLI
Antec TP Quatro 1000W \ :==^==: / Antec TP Quatro 850W.
Nvidia 9800 GX2 X 2 SLI \|--o--|/ Nvidia 8800 GTS X 2 SLI
1X 500GB Western Digital. \_____/ 3X 150GB WD RAPTOR RAID-0
Old September 4, 2008, 02:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzetsin View Post
This is a call to any person who frequents remote area's (ie, anywhere a rig goes in alberta) with a ROGERS phone...

now i'm quite aware of the massive suckyness of the rogers network, and truethfully, i have NO love for the apple i phone. But as far as circumstances are, i'm fairly pissy with BELL. I do a "fair" amount of data on my cell phone every now and then... and by "fair" i mean less than 30 bloody megabytes per month. i'd do more but i'm scared of the huge cost of going over my plan (6 bucks per mb) that is already way over priced (60 dollars for 30 mb)...

so i'm talking to a friend of mine who works at a rogers wireless store, she tells me i can get SIX GIGS for 30 bucks if you get a contract and the iphone... now... i dont do that much data with my phone... but mostly because i stop myself, if i had the data, i'd surely use it...

i'd drop bell in a hot minute if i thought their service area was worth a damn, but from what i hear it sucks. does anyone have the iphone that works in the patch? or remote areas anyway? is the phone a total piece of junk? let me know... i want to call bell and complane, but before that i need to be willing to backup my threats....
The phone is a great piece of technology but Rogers' service coverage blows chunks at times. The great thing about Rogers and their devices is that they gain access to a broadened range of networks increasing effective range (i.e. superior to Bell and Telus).
Old September 4, 2008, 02:52 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
The phone is a great piece of technology but Rogers' service coverage blows chunks at times. The great thing about Rogers and their devices is that they gain access to a broadened range of networks increasing effective range (i.e. superior to Bell and Telus).
you mean to say that if i'm in the bush, the rogers phone will work on whomevers network it can jack into?

vista 64 on these rigs
Old September 4, 2008, 04:28 PM

My System Specs

Roger's GSM network is AWFUL out west. If you don't live in a major center and stay in that area forget about it. Telus and Bell are you only real choices here..
Old September 4, 2008, 06:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
you mean to say that if i'm in the bush, the rogers phone will work on whomevers network it can jack into?
Rogers.com - Rogers Network Coverage

Check out where you might be in the field.
Old September 5, 2008, 01:52 AM
Hall Of Fame

I have a Rogers phone and I have trouble getting a signal on the Gulf Islands (Saltspring in particular), hell its not even all that remote, luckily my contract is pretty much up.
Old September 5, 2008, 07:07 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

yeah, i checked out that link rommel, great big massive hole right where i do alot of work (grande cache area) rogers is a bust... thanks for the info guys!! i noticed there wasnt anyone willing to step up to bad for rogers lol ah well... meby i can just shame bell into giving me a better rate plan.

vista 64 on these rigs
Old September 5, 2008, 07:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
yeah, i checked out that link rommel, great big massive hole right where i do alot of work (grande cache area) rogers is a bust... thanks for the info guys!! i noticed there wasnt anyone willing to step up to bad for rogers lol ah well... meby i can just shame bell into giving me a better rate plan.
Grande Cache is a giant Void for Rogers, I used to work for Schlumberger there.
Old September 5, 2008, 08:33 AM

My System Specs

Quote:
Grande Cache has 0 Rogers service. My workblackberry use to be on Rogers and everytime I had to go to GC, I was hooped. Thankfully new one is with Bell.
Old September 5, 2008, 08:15 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I get huge holes at UWO in London. It could be my phone as well though aka RAZR. I'm looking into getting a new phone because I'm due for a HUP.