What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

iPhone 3G or not.

Chos3n

My cell phone contract is expiring soon, and I'm looking for a new cell phone. Currently, I'm with Fido, and so far, no problem, maybe a bit overpriced, but good services so far. I fiddle around with the iPhone this weekend, I really loved it, lot of features and the 3G is awesome. But the question is... is it worth it for 70$ a month? It might be useful to get internet access anywhere, but is the 3G available everywhere in Quebec?

How much average would it cost? I know there is a good deal at Rogers for 6GB

I need some advices:whistle:,

Thanks

bojangles

I had the same dilemma as you man. I finally fave up and didn't go with the iPhone. All of the salesmen are flaky when it comes to answers (even after a month of its release) and data is always flowing to the phone. If you were to get it I would highly suggest building your own plan through the Retentions phone line (I don't know what's Fido's is). That line is meant to keep customers, and they will offer whatever is best.

I think the best option is to get an Ipod Touch (for the Video, Internet, Music) and then a small phone with however much texting/minutes you need.

Chos3n

It's a really dilemma right now I can tell you :bleh:
But I agree the fact data is always transmitting from the phone and having a limit (unlike the US market which is unlimited) you can have big bills at the end of the month. Also, the 30$ more and of course, doesn't come with caller ID. I couldn't get any info at all from the salemen, it's all "This, is the best phone, ever" answers I was getting. So, I will give a shot at those support lines, but still, if I can get user opinion and info, that would even better!

Last edited:

Dashock

The Iphone has a lot of issues specifically the battery, reception problems look at reviews before takin the pludge as of right now its not lookin so good but then again i might be biased im not an Iphone lover " MotorolaQ9h all the way ".

These specific problems were found over the web from users of the phone soo im sure if you do a little searching you will find it too.

GSMArena.com - GSM reviews, opinions, votes, manuals, ringtones and more... lists all the phones in the market and user reviews currently there are 2500 reviews of the Iphone3G soo enjoy the read.

Chos3n

I am already aware of the problems that the iPhone... I really like the fact this thing cannot Copy/Paste, I blame the lack of a right click on MACs for that. But the thing is really pretty, but I think in long terms, those little application will be thing of the past...

Infiniti

Have you tried looking into the Samsung Instinct? From what I've seen and heard, its an awesome phone. I'm not sure how much it costs per month and what features it has though.

Cptn Vortex

Dont buy a phone cause it looks cool. For me, ease of use, durability, and battery life are most important. I dont want to charge my phone every night, which you need to do with the iPhone. Once a week is ok. I also like a phone I can drop and not fear wasting $1000 on a broken screen cause it is so fragile.

Chos3n

I need a phone that has a loud ring aswell, currently I have my RAZR V3 and boy, I can't hear the ringtone at all most of the time. But my GF bought the KRZR and the sound is so loud... That would be a selling point for me...

It's true I could drop the 3G plan and just use Wifi...

Spaceman-Spiff

iPhone 3G's battery life is not so great. A friend of mine got one, and he has to charge it twice a day. He browses a lot, but never use the 3G, only over wi-fi.

Usability and features are really good though.

Persoanlly, I find browsing with mini laptops a lot better (Asus EEE, etc). Smartphone screens are still too small for reading webpages.

If you decide to get the iPhone, you probably could use a car charger or some portable charger too.

Chos3n

iPhone 3G's battery life is not so great. A friend of mine got one, and he has to charge it twice a day. He browses a lot, but never use the 3G, only over wi-fi.

Usability and features are really good though.

Persoanlly, I find browsing with mini laptops a lot better (Asus EEE, etc). Smartphone screens are still too small for reading webpages.

If you decide to get the iPhone, you probably could use a car charger or some portable charger too.

Twice a day, ouch! I can last 5 days with my cell phone, 3 days with Bluetooth on...

Latest posts