Go Back   Hardware Canucks > Mac, iPhone & iPod > iPhone & iPods

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 15, 2008, 05:54 AM
MVP
F@H

I went seen.. saw.. did the meh thing and hugged my razrk1..

Old July 15, 2008, 07:14 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Will It Blend? | Presented By Blendtec

I really have no interest in the gizmo things it does. I just want basic functionality: voice and SMS.
Old July 15, 2008, 07:52 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

let's see iphone (stupidly expensive) or ipod touch. Does just about everything a iphone does with an exceptionb of the cell feature but without the wallet rape. hmmmm. I think i will stick with my ipod touch.

Old July 15, 2008, 08:03 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

iPhone in Canada Website

People at this site have been getting amazing deals with their iPhones by calling the Retentions Line at Rogers. From what I've read, you just gotta be nice and complain that your current phone isn't up to par of what it was and you need a refresh. You may even be able to waive the cancellation fee. Keep phoning and bargaining them until you get what you want (or at least pretty close). Some people have even been able to get the System Activation Fee waived and also reduce the prices of text messages for monthly credit. Not a bad way to go honestly. I think I may end up doing it soon. but the iPod Touch looks tempting too. I just hate my RAZR V3...

You can do those steps as long as your bill goes over $30.01...that's a really good deal if you ask me.

Belgolas what did you get out of the CSRs? What's your plan?
Old July 15, 2008, 08:33 AM
Allstar

For that price I'd get a 9xxx blackberry. Assuming that I make at least 70k after-tax, work at statestreet, and able to finance a 250k condo.
Old July 15, 2008, 09:02 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

I got mine yesterday with the $30 6GB data plan ontop of my normal voice plan. So far so good. This is my first apple product and I love the ability to surf the web anyplace and not worry about charges. The GPS works well and the ipod parts seem to work fine. The apps store is full of stuff but I have found some of them are for US audiences only. I just found a internet radio streaming app (tune) so I can listen to internet radio anywhere (yes, I am well aware that streaming can eat alot of bandwidth). It attracks fingerprints like crazy so I have ordered a couple of cases for it. So far I am loving it.
GAMER: Win7 Pro x64, I7 3770K (stock) (CM 212+), Asus P8Z77-V Pro, Gigabyte 7970 OC Ghz Edition 3 GB, Corsair Vengeance LP 4 x 4GB DDR3 1600Mhz, Crucial M4 120 GB + 256GB, Crucial M500 480 GB SSD, 1TB WD Blk, BRD, HX750W, Auz X-Fi Prelude, & Fractal Design Arc MIDI R2

Lenovo Ideapad Y510p: i7-4700MQ 2.4GHz (undervolted by 80mV), 16GB DDR3L-1866MHz, Intel GMA 4600HD / SLI'ed Nvidia Geforce GT 755M 2GB GDDR5, 240 GB Crucial SSD, 128GB M.2 SSD, 15.6" HD+ Glossy LED
Old July 15, 2008, 06:52 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well to tell you the truth AT&T's data plan is only 5GB while Rogers is 6Gb. Some people have complained to rogers and got the data plan down to 20 bucks. Yes 6GB for 20 dollars. Also I got free unlimited calling for the first 3 months. Then going with the $35 my five plan. Texting is super easy and is just like MSN on the iPone.

Yeah I will be paying a lot for a phone but it is more than just a phone. My ipod just recently broke so I needed a new mp3 player. I don't have a cell phone right now so I needed one. So I got the iPone instead of having a phone an an MP3 player in my pocket at once. The iPhone is so much more then a iPod Touch. There is GPS, Internet anywhere (Big bonus), camera/video camera, the phone part :p And a phone/ipod all in one.

So I can watch movies in high quality, play music, surf the internet, play lots of video games (there are a lot of companies supporting the iPhone/iPod Touch as a gaming device like EA, THQ Sega, etc, etc) Use GPS when I am lost or for other stuff, Use all the cool apps, nice camera/video camera. and use it as a phone all in one small easy to use package. That to me is worth it and beats any other phone out there.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old July 16, 2008, 07:56 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Paying 35 bucks a month for

250 ANy time mins Evening/weekends after 8 free
2500 text messages
100 long distance mins
Voice mail/Caller Id
All those small extra stuff
50 Video and 50 Picture messages ( And yes i do use it lol been who$ing it out lately)

And btw i used the Retention Line to get the following i have changed it several times as my brother texts like a "Who$e" and i had to pay a 40 bucks extra charge 3 months ago. And they did offer me Internet for 5 bucks but i do not trust my brother so i took i blocked it all off expect sending of picture/video messages.
Mushkin Ascent Redline 8000 4gb DDR2 @ 1066 5-5-5-15 2.05v
OCZ 600W GameXstream
Seagate 7200.11 500gb
Seagate 7200.10 320gb
Antec Spot Cool
Logitech X-230
Samsung 32" 720P HDTV

Coolermaster Cosmos S/
Swiftech Mcp655/ MCR-320-QP/ 6X Noctua NF-P12'S/ Swiftech Apogee GT/ Swiftech Mcw-60/ Swiftech Micro-Res.

Old July 16, 2008, 05:14 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

The 6GB plan is only available to the iphone for 30 bucks. For a regular phone you have to pay 100 bucks for 6 gb.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."