What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

iPhone 5S

dlink1

Sooo, the unveiling is supposed to be this Sept 10th. I'm by no means an apple fanboy, but after using an iPhone for the last 4 years, I'm pretty comfortable with upgrading to it. Anyone else going to pick it up?

draemn

I'm a little disappointed that they still think we need it to weigh as little as possible and be as thin as possible. I'm torn on the screen size... While it is extremely nice not to have a huge phone due to the screen size, I do find it is a little cramped for space. One thing that pisses me off is the people who say it is such a minor upgrade because all it has new is the processor and fingerprint scanner. The improvements to the camera are a HUGE interest to me, and that is probably the main/only reason I'm really tempted to stick with another iPhone instead of moving off to Android or something else.

I'd be interested in a larger screen for certain, but I'm not 100% sure how large of a phone I'm fine with. I'd really like it if they just added a bit more weight + thickness to increase the batter capacity some more! As for other innovative features? I'd say they've got a lot going for them if you know how to use the features (and by ios7 wifi file sharing is a bit late...), but the problem is that it is hard as a busy consumer to know all the apps and features, etc, where the S IV likes to show off features built into the phone. Honestly, people say the S IV is so more innovative, but most of the "innovation" I see over there really is just a smoke and mirror show (I'll admit I LOVE the finger hover technology and the smart screen sounds good on paper, other than pausing videos for you).

I haven't fully made up my mind, but the camera and future-proofing of the advanced A7 has me leaning towards giving apple another go with my money. I am leaning towards the idea that this new processor will easily give the phone a fresh feeling for 3 years (although historically they seem to "cripple" models after 2 years to operate slow and make you want to buy a new one).

chrisk

Folding Captain
Looks like Apple agreed with HTC and decided to use bigger pixels.

As always, wait for folks to get their hands on em, but that camera might be a real good one. Fingerprint scanner might be useful if it works well. Time will tell.

Still no way I'm giving up my Galaxy S4 lol (except maybe for the Note III....)

ultraman7k

Would be nice if the phone screen extended to the edges, i mean they have the tech for redundant touches (iPad mini), that way they could keep the device the same size, and have a bigger screen.

Anyways, looks like I will be upgrading from my 5...to a 5s. I need more storage, 16GB just doesn't cut it with the photos and apps.

draemn

Would be nice if the phone screen extended to the edges, i mean they have the tech for redundant touches (iPad mini), that way they could keep the device the same size, and have a bigger screen.
This...

I totally forgot I used to say this all the time "why can't the screen take up more of the phone?" I think I could live with 4mm wider + filling up more of the front with screen and I'd be sold! Yeah, I finally want to move off 16GB as well :p

fubar

Canadians pay more

Canadians are stupid. Sorry, but it's true. Our dollar was at par for a little while but it's actually worse than a deteriorating American currency. How stupid can Canadians be? Where's the so-called 'Free Trade?' What am I talking about?:

Canadians will likely pay more for new iPhones

Sorry, but, politics has to be part of this subject....alas, it plays a part whether you like it or not.

I actually like Apple/Mac stuff as far as the hardware (and software?) goes, albeit, it is "proprietary junk." But, Mac stuff works since not all computer-literate ppl buy it so it has to - and it is nicely designed. But, they still gouge people and many are suckers for being willing to pay through the nose for something 'pretty.' But, I concede, they are decent products. I would even entertain a new Mac if I was in the market for one. However, I am also a Linux user (besides Windows) so it would have to install successfully - although, maybe I could be a Mac OS convert some day? :)

I just disagree with the concept of making people overpay and price gouging plus the proprietary structure is not any better than Microsoft's strategy, imho.

Enjoy the article. :-(

draemn

Honestly, I am heavily leaning towards making my next phone purchased based on camera as I love taking pictures and 90% of the time I don't have a camera with me, but my phone.

Latest posts