Go Back   Hardware Canucks > Mac, iPhone & iPod > iPhone & iPods

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 20, 2013, 07:54 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by draemn View Post
Honestly, I am heavily leaning towards making my next phone purchased based on camera as I love taking pictures and 90% of the time I don't have a camera with me, but my phone.
Megapixels means absolute shit for cameras. So you can take a 42 megapixel image but that doesn't mean its going to look good. There is a whole lot more to cameras that just megapixels.
Old September 21, 2013, 12:03 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by fubar View Post
Canadians are stupid. Sorry, but it's true. Our dollar was at par for a little while but it's actually worse than a deteriorating American currency. How stupid can Canadians be? Where's the so-called 'Free Trade?' What am I talking about?:

Canadians will likely pay more for new iPhones

Sorry, but, politics has to be part of this subject....alas, it plays a part whether you like it or not.
Has nothing to do with poitics or stupidity. It's all about purchasing power. From the article you linked:
Quote:
Eamon Hoey, a management consultant to the telecom sector, said of the anticipated price difference. "From a distribution perspective the Canadian market is very small when it comes to iPhones, and to get your discounts you really need millions of phones.
Old September 21, 2013, 11:18 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by draemn View Post
Honestly, I am heavily leaning towards making my next phone purchased based on camera as I love taking pictures and 90% of the time I don't have a camera with me, but my phone.
You should consider an average point-and-shoot camera, like Canon's ELPH series for example. It'll take photos far better than any current phone IMO (except maybe the Nokia Lumia's). A lot of these cameras fit in your pockets as easily as a phone too.

Granted I tend to hate on Apple, but I mean, everything that this iPhone 5S "features" has basically existed in Android for years before. Fingerprint scanner? Motorola Atrix had that. I mean it seems like Apple has fallen behind since Jobs passed away and now they're trying to catch up to everyone else. Rumour has it they plan to release something akin to the Galaxy Note as well now.
Old September 21, 2013, 05:00 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Apple makes good stuff, but IOS is too restrictive for my tastes. About time they implemented some multitasking though. Multitasking, and the new camera, are the biggest improvements as far as I can tell.
Fold for team #54196
Old September 21, 2013, 06:32 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD View Post
You should consider an average point-and-shoot camera, like Canon's ELPH series for example. It'll take photos far better than any current phone IMO (except maybe the Nokia Lumia's). A lot of these cameras fit in your pockets as easily as a phone too.

Granted I tend to hate on Apple, but I mean, everything that this iPhone 5S "features" has basically existed in Android for years before. Fingerprint scanner? Motorola Atrix had that. I mean it seems like Apple has fallen behind since Jobs passed away and now they're trying to catch up to everyone else. Rumour has it they plan to release something akin to the Galaxy Note as well now.
I have a compact point and shoot that has much better quality than my camera phone... but I just never like packing my camera around everywhere.

I do feel that Apple really missed a couple things and they do some things better than Andriod, but I'm not happy with the poor state of file sharing, etc on my iPhone. I quite often would find it useful at work to be sharing files, etc and am out of cellular service or trying to share with "abnormal" electronics. Having to use iTunes or email to share/transfer files is stupid. Apps that support bluethooth or other forms of file transfer between devices usually don't help you as they often don't pick up devices (apple's fault?).
Old September 21, 2013, 07:14 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisk View Post
Apple makes good stuff, but IOS is too restrictive for my tastes. About time they implemented some multitasking though. Multitasking, and the new camera, are the biggest improvements as far as I can tell.
They have had multitasking since like iOS 4. The only new change here is preview window for the app switcher.
Old October 14, 2013, 09:58 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Is anyone who has one of these experiencing the same issues that people are complaining about?