Go Back   Hardware Canucks > Mac, iPhone & iPod > iPhone & iPods

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 18, 2012, 06:56 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Default In China, the iPhone 5 Launches With a Whimper

While previous device launches in the country have provoked near riots, the launch of the iPhone 5 in China this past week solicited not much more than a whimper.

When Apple’s flagship store opened on Friday employees who had expected raucous crowds were greeted by a lineup of two people, so reports the Wall Street Journal.

Read more here: In China, the iPhone 5 is Launched With a Whimper | Hardware Canucks
Old December 18, 2012, 07:17 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
While previous device launches in the country have provoked near riots, the launch of the iPhone 5 in China this past week solicited not much more than a whimper.

When Apple’s flagship store opened on Friday employees who had expected raucous crowds were greeted by a lineup of two people, so reports the Wall Street Journal.

Read more here: In China, the iPhone 5 is Launched With a Whimper | Hardware Canucks
Wouldn't it be awesome if this was the beginning of the end for them? :D they start to see their billions vanish and soon after there millions of fake patents go out the window and we all see innovation again from Everyone with no fear of being sued for breathing in the direction of Apple. Apple being forced to innovate or go the way of Xerox.
Old December 18, 2012, 03:15 PM
MVP

My System Specs

While I'm not terribly fond of Apple's predatory behaviour, I'm not sure that selling two million units over three days can be described as a whimper when it's the largest sales figure for an iPhone opening weekend in China that Apple has recorded.
Old December 18, 2012, 03:24 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galcobar View Post
While I'm not terribly fond of Apple's predatory behaviour, I'm not sure that selling two million units over three days can be described as a whimper when it's the largest sales figure for an iPhone opening weekend in China that Apple has recorded.
this. There were no line ups because of the pre order system in place.
Old December 18, 2012, 04:28 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

You mean people just preordered instead of lining up for 3 weeks to get their "xxxx" 5 minutes before anyone else?
Old December 18, 2012, 06:17 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Ya I wouldn't wait in a line. Seems like the Chinese are smarter....

I think it will take a long long time for Apple to crumble.

Here is an interesting video.

Has Apple Really Ever Invented Anything? - YouTube

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old December 25, 2012, 04:42 AM
Rookie

Times are changing. Finally people are waking up and moving away from Apple! The Chinese are smart! Good for them! This is the start of something special. Boycott Apple products and let's make this world a better place! iOS 6 is so boring and dull. iPhone 5 from the renderings are also boring and dull. Apple is in trouble without Steve Jobs... I give them a few years from here and they won't be having stellar, smashing and amazing quarterly sales! It goes down hill from here more are listed here

Last edited by DomingoKareem; January 1, 2013 at 09:30 AM.