Go Back   Hardware Canucks > Mac, iPhone & iPod > iPhone & iPods

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 2, 2012, 02:53 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfglass View Post
And as these stores know the new product will be on their shelves soon they will give deals and incentives to buy the current model. And that is why you bought it , just like so many others did. Interest free. You would not get that deal with the new ipad. Hence you would not have anything . So be happy with the interest free iPad you purchased and enjoy. cheers
I'm sorry, I would not get the deal with the new iPad? My father is part of those member's club or some random crap, so when the so called "new" iPad (3rd generation) came out, my father bought it a week later for 18 months no interest........
Old December 2, 2012, 03:16 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I agree with others. You weren't lied to, but you weren't told the whole story (which the employee may have not know the whole story either). When making any purchase you should inform yourself of products available, naming conventions, what you want/need, etc. There is almost always brands/products that offer better value, or in this case, new products on the very near horizon.
Old December 2, 2012, 10:37 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I think the issue is more with Apple's naming convention than anything Best Buy did. I honestly could not tell the different between iPads and I likely wouldn't bother educating myself if I was working at Best Buy as it would be of no personal career advancement or gain.

Sucks that you feel cheated, but I would complain to Apple more so than Best Buy. It should really be called iPad 4.
Old December 2, 2012, 11:54 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD View Post
I think the issue is more with Apple's naming convention than anything Best Buy did. I honestly could not tell the different between iPads and I likely wouldn't bother educating myself if I was working at Best Buy as it would be of no personal career advancement or gain.

Sucks that you feel cheated, but I would complain to Apple more so than Best Buy. It should really be called iPad 4.
The bold is exactly what he needs to do, go into a apple store, be polite but firm dont be a little Beoatch or lie to them just be honest and firm about how you feel and you know what? they should give you the new model, We had to do that all the time when I was with Apple and that was only 2 months back so things have not changed since then.
Contests will be done on there from now on :)
http://realhardwarereviews.com/
Always up for a Beer in Calgary or Area

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”
Old December 3, 2012, 02:58 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Apple Stores recognized the issue with the suprise fourth-gen launch, and were willing to do exchanges under certain circumstances: Peeved? Apple will exchange your 3rd-gen iPad for the newer model | How To - CNET
Old December 3, 2012, 06:11 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Cheap lesson. Good to experience this now when you are young, in the future you will be much more cautious when making big purchases. You probably saved yourself major headache and disappointment down the road.
Old December 3, 2012, 06:23 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Yup, you'll now be more cautious when buying big ticket items. You'll also realize that just because the salesperson works at the store, he's not necessarily knowledgeable about the product, or even completely honest. Doubly less honest if they work on commission. Take this lesson to the bank, and remember it when you're going to buy your first car. Everybody lies.

HTPC: Z77A-G45; 3770K; Coolermaster GeminII; 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz; MSI R7-260X; 2x 128GB Crucial M4 SSD; 1TB WD Green, 2x 2TB WD Green; PC P&C 750W PS; Fractal Design Node 605;
Son's Rig: M5A97; 1055T; CNPS20LQ; 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz; ASUS GTX650Ti Boost; 80GB Intel 520 SSD; 320GB WD Black HDD; SPI 700W; Bitfenix Shinobi;
Old December 4, 2012, 01:38 PM
Top Prospect

Hey mods, can i turn on jerk mode for a moment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PcWizTech View Post
I mean here i am, a high school student, trying to buy an iPad with money I'm working REALLY hard for. And yes, a lot is going for college/future savings. But why lie to me. It bothers me so much how some people can be so heartless :/
I'm sorry, but this post really rustled my jimmies. One thing I hope you pick up from this ordeal is that the world is not out to get you. Even if the world is out to get you, it certainly won't be something as trivial as selling you an older model iPad relative to Apple's release date.

They didn't deliberately lie to you, they probably did the same to everyone else who bought an iPad the past week or so. Their sales team is probably ill informed, and probably need better training.

Here's what you can do, go bring it back to their customer service department, let them know that you were misled by their advertising or sales team that you were purchasing the latest iPad. If it's within return period, you don't even have to say anything, just say you don't want it, and they're obligated to accept it unless you broke certain restrictions regarding the sales policy. If it is pass the return date, it is up to the MCS discretion. I don't want to give false hope, but let's just say I have returned things that technically shouldn't be allowed to be returned or exchanged.

Jerk mode off
Old December 4, 2012, 04:53 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Due diligence, especially if you are buying something on credit... you paid for something you didn't research and verify.

Store staff are comprised of clowns and idiots, even more so at big box chains- I wouldn't trust any of them any farther than I could throw them.