Go Back   Hardware Canucks > Mac, iPhone & iPod > iPhone & iPods

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 1, 2012, 02:00 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

As mentioned, when you purchased it, it was the latest model because the 4th gen had only just been made available on the Apple website but was not yet available in the retail channel. Also, when they referred to the 3rd Generation model as the "new" iPad this was 100% accurate since that was the official name for it.

Old December 1, 2012, 02:09 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaverBender View Post
As mentioned, when you purchased it, it was the latest model because the 4th gen had only just been made available on the Apple website but was not yet available in the retail channel. Also, when they referred to the 3rd Generation model as the "new" iPad this was 100% accurate since that was the official name for it.
I agree with the fact that it was called the "new" ipad. but on a seperate sign, a paper held the note "LATEST MODEL"
Old December 1, 2012, 03:54 PM
Allstar

stuff like this is why i always spend several months researching products/product categories before buying. I've been in the same 'little cash' state for most of my life as well and i can't afford to take time and money to correct bad buys.

basically, all you can do is to try to get exchange/refund. filing a complaint with the BBB (or w/e) does effectively nothing (everyone already knows they're bad); suing isn't going to get you very far either.

simple rule of life when dealing with a sales person: what is good for them is bad for you; they will always do what is best for them.

remember, there IS NO trust to break in the first place.
Old December 1, 2012, 04:33 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

/facepalm. There is no real reason to get an ipad 4 over an ipad 3, the only difference is the camera and processor. It's just apple fanboys that *must* have the newest and greatest.
Old December 1, 2012, 05:07 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by supaflyx3 View Post
/facepalm. There is no real reason to get an ipad 4 over an ipad 3, the only difference is the camera and processor. It's just apple fanboys that *must* have the newest and greatest.
Well the CPU/GPU Processors supposedly deliver double performance, which to me, is a great new feature. The camera i don't really care about. What really bothers me, however, is the simple fact that i was lied to.
Old December 1, 2012, 05:37 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by PcWizTech View Post
Well the CPU/GPU Processors supposedly deliver double performance, which to me, is a great new feature. The camera i don't really care about. What really bothers me, however, is the simple fact that i was lied to.
You weren't LIED too.. Geezus. He perhaps didn't give you all the information that you were seeking but he sure as hell did not lie to you.

Your young and got taken for.. that is why you are made.
Old December 1, 2012, 05:43 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

We're also talking about Apple products here , at best buy on average there is only one person there who is trained to know how to turn them on, beyond that when a new apple release happens it can take weeks till best buy and other RESELLERS get stock only the Apple stores get first allocation but sometimes there is enough stock to go all round but not often.

If you need me the link above is where I spend my days now
Old December 1, 2012, 07:08 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

And as these stores know the new product will be on their shelves soon they will give deals and incentives to buy the current model. And that is why you bought it , just like so many others did. Interest free. You would not get that deal with the new ipad. Hence you would not have anything . So be happy with the interest free iPad you purchased and enjoy. cheers
Old December 2, 2012, 12:33 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Sorry, I don't think they really lied to you either...
Old December 2, 2012, 02:18 AM
Hall Of Fame

You weren't lied to my friend, you were indeed though, uninformed.

That being said, Apple's naming convention is quite stupid for the 3rd generation, and the 4th was launched so relatively quietly...