Go Back   Hardware Canucks > Mac, iPhone & iPod > iPhone & iPods

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 21, 2012, 10:33 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by rommelrommel View Post
It's a small market but they've repeatedly said that the lack of standarization is why android doesn't get support. Much easier to say works with ipod/iphone rather than works with Model A, B, C, and D android, may or may not work on others.

Anyways we can argue what if all day but it doesn't change the fact that android has no support in car audio (and very little demand it seems, or you would think one of the majors with poor/no ipod support would have supported android to try and get that market.)
Android is Android and its very standardized.. Why do you think there is Gingerbread, ICS, and JB? Its the same premise as iOS is. New hardware needs new features needs a new OS.

With that said the OS at hardware level is almost identical and it would be VERY easy to interface any of the 3 OS's on Android to work the same exact way.
Old August 21, 2012, 11:18 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rommelrommel View Post
It's a small market but they've repeatedly said that the lack of standarization is why android doesn't get support. Much easier to say works with ipod/iphone rather than works with Model A, B, C, and D android, may or may not work on others.

Anyways we can argue what if all day but it doesn't change the fact that android has no support in car audio (and very little demand it seems, or you would think one of the majors with poor/no ipod support would have supported android to try and get that market.)

Enough is enough of the this argument as sadly saying apple is better cuz it works with car stereos where android doesnt is complete and total crap, why you ask CUZ ANDROID/iOS/BB all have tons of decks they work with in our cars we have a cheap JVC JVC Bluetooth Dual USB Media Deck with iPhone/Android/BlackBerry Control & Variable Colour (X50BT) : Single DIN Car Decks - Future Shop works great with everything and in my wife's truck Kenwood Bluetooth USB/MP3/WMA CD Car Deck with iPod/iPhone/Android Control & Aux Input (KDC-BT852HD) : Single DIN Car Decks - Future Shop Both work flawlessly so before saying that companies havent jumped on do a damn google search hahaha. and Android for a win even if I work at a Apple Repair site their not going to force me to switch back to the iPhone the Galaxy SIII is the best smart phone IMO on the market at the moment dont get me wrong apple or some other company might throw down a great phone maybe The New iPhone will blow it away but the 4s is nothing better then the 4 and both those phones are great PDA's horrible cellphones haha

If you need me the link above is where I spend my days now
Old August 21, 2012, 11:54 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

GJ you found a cheapass headunit that I'd never use in a million years and that doesn't have any of the abilities that I value. It has track control... whoop-de-do.

The only good nav headunits are Alpine, Pioneer, and to some extent Kenwood. Alpine has no android specific support. Pioneer has no specific android support. Kenwood doesn't seem to have any either. I can't find any headunit that allows you to do much more than skip tracks and maybe scroll thru the track list with android.

The ability to read the memory like a USB stick is not what I want.

Jesus why do some of you people have such an emotional stake in who makes a better phone? They're different... different features and strengths that appeal to different users. I don't even care for the way apple does business, I'd never buy a mac because they've always been useless to me but I don't have to be a condesending douchebag to people who they are valuable to.
Old August 21, 2012, 11:54 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Rather than just fight and argue with this fringe section of the forum we might as well just call it what it really is.

;)
Attached Images

Old August 22, 2012, 10:55 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Honest question to flamefest in only 4 pages. Looking to break a new record it seems.

Lets keep it on topic, as much as we can.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old August 22, 2012, 11:20 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by grinder View Post
Rather than just fight and argue with this fringe section of the forum we might as well just call it what it really is.

;)
Ncix-> compu2000 -> hwc

Only reason.