Go Back   Hardware Canucks > Mac, iPhone & iPod > iPhone & iPods

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 9, 2012, 05:59 AM
Rookie

Default Stubborn(?) app help

I purchased an app (Engineering Slide Chart) that is compatible with my Gen 4 Touch. iOS is 5.1.1
iTunes says it was d/l & it shows up on my Win 7 system as a .ipa file.

How do I get the file onto my iPod? (I have many other apps & these all transferred with no problems - almost automatically). Wi-Fi is on: verified working.

Thanks!
Old August 13, 2012, 05:41 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Why not just download it right on to your ipad by logging into the appstore and then downloading it... You don't need to pay for it again because it is linked to your account.
Old August 25, 2012, 02:21 PM
Rookie

Default Thanks

Sorry about my tardy reply but the assistance is appreciated.

Unfortunately, went to the app in iTunes & says it is "downloaded". Can't find a way to repeat it.
Old August 25, 2012, 02:40 PM

My System Specs

In iTunes (on computer) does it list the application under 'Apps' on in the left hand column? If so then delete the app from there. You should be able to download it again, with no charge.
Old August 25, 2012, 07:21 PM
Rookie

Default More problems

Did as lowfat suggested. Was able to delete, then re-download from iTunes (progress bar was active) but it doesn't show in the Apps section of iTunes. It is in C:\Users\User\My Music\iTunes\Mobile Applications on my computer tho as an ipa file.

Worse, something burped - don't know what - so now there are a lot of apps on the iTunes apps screen but not on my iPod (that were there before). On my computer I found them in
C:\Users\User\My Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\Mobile Applications (strange that these are different).

How do I get the complete contents of the iTune Apps to d/l onto the iPod? Are both of these locations incorrect? What should the correct location be? How do I tell iTunes to get with it?

Thanks!
Old August 25, 2012, 09:06 PM

My System Specs

If you double click the IPA in Windows, I don't suppose it gets added to iTunes?

You could also try to deauthorize the computer in itunes, then reauthorize it. It is under the Store menu.

When you have your iPod connected to your computer, under devices, click your iPod. Then click the Apps tap. Make sure the apps you wanted are checked. You could also check 'automatically sync new apps' if you want.
Old August 26, 2012, 07:28 AM
Rookie

Hi:

No go on the 2x click.
De-authorized, the re-authorized but still no syncing.

"devices, click your iPod."
Do you mean in Windows or somewhere in iTunes?

Thanks again for the ideas.
Old August 26, 2012, 07:33 AM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunc View Post
g.

"devices, click your iPod."
Do you mean in Windows or somewhere in iTunes?

Thanks again for the ideas.
Sorry in iTunes, left hand column, devices. When your iPod is connected to the computer it should be listed here. Click it. Then on the right hand side of iTunes click the Apps tab, near the top of the window.
Old August 26, 2012, 06:15 PM
Rookie

Default insight perhaps

Getting a dialog box that "... is synced with another iTunes library...."

Another box says I am using 2 of 5 available.

Interesting since there is only 1 computer & 1 email account tied to it - supposedly.

How do I fold the contents of one library into the other? How do I get the iPod to sync with this single, consolidated one?
Old August 26, 2012, 08:35 PM

My System Specs

Are all the songs that are on your iPod also on this computer? If so I would just restore the iPod and resync w/ this computer.