Go Back   Hardware Canucks > Mac, iPhone & iPod > iPhone & iPods

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 15, 2012, 10:06 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisk View Post
Bell won't unlock an iPhone...I called just a few days ago and asked.
SIM lock - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yeah. This is actually one time I hope the government DOES regulate something. Hopefully the cons push legislation through similar to that bill C-32 or 560 or whatever to change this. I'm not holding my breath however.

From now on out I'm just buying unlocked phones. Its not worth it for me to be locked to a carrier at some ridiculous plan rate for 3 years when I move as much as I do from area to area.
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old January 15, 2012, 10:34 AM
Top Prospect

They are tough to take apart, that and the glass and the screen are sandwiched together and have to be replaced in tandem. Fixed my sons after he dropped it. Can be done if you take your time.
Old January 15, 2012, 03:56 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

On Average here is how our company pays us on time to do iphone repairs (apple)
3g/3gs Screen replacement each phone is 10 minutes max in reality usually takes me longer to find a suction cup then to do the repair
iPhone 4/4s full screen repair (touch+LCD) 20 min Max allowed time for repair, my record is 7 minutes but on average it takes 15 minutes.

I say with a little training anyone can do it and it should not take over 45 min at a maximum but everyone's different.

Since I work for a apple repair site we get the screens far cheaper for personal use so I am always willing to help anyone on here to get up and going again :)