Go Back   Hardware Canucks > Mac, iPhone & iPod > iPhone & iPods

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 27, 2011, 04:50 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagath View Post
eh. To each their own, but I love my iphone over my wifes galaxy s also. Sure its jailbroken, but I guess that just means it has a custom firmware on it in android-speak
This is true only in a very basic sense. The potential for new features and optimizations is *extremely* limited compared to Android devices.

I usually advocate the best tool for the job, but less so in the case of Apple because of ideological concerns. I believe that supporting Apple's closed vision is detrimental market diversity and consumer choice. Apple's antics make Microsoft look like the GNU project. The worst part about Apple's recent success is they've set new precedents of "evil" that other companies may follow. Remember when bundling a browser and media player with Windows were the ultimate sins of the PC inudstry? Hah!

Fortunately for me, no Apple product has ever been the best tool for any of my jobs. And from a price/performance pov, not even competitive.
Old September 28, 2011, 05:57 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagath View Post
I get this comment, and its not ment to be a personal attack against anyone at all, but I find it just as humorous when people use the opposite excuse against apple products and how 'locked in' you are.

Android products work great...after you mod them?

eh. To each their own, but I love my iphone over my wifes galaxy s also. Sure its jailbroken, but I guess that just means it has a custom firmware on it in android-speak
Ok crap might have been a bad word to describe it as the phone is definitely not crap, but the slow updates from Eclair to Froyo to Gingerbread is what is crappy about stock ROM.
Old October 4, 2011, 04:28 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Well that was exciting
Fold for team #54196
Old October 4, 2011, 05:07 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

That kinda look like we don't have a Iphone 5 ready but we have to fight Samsung's new phone and other new player in the game so let's just make a new version of our phonwe with some feature of what should have been our next phone? Seriously apple?

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old October 4, 2011, 05:11 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Case makers have to be disappointed. Seems that the iPhone 4 cases will fit the 4s cases too.

My wife wants a iPhone so I'll prob get the 4s and give her my 4. Another possibility is to grab a newly discounted iPhone 4.

I am mostly disappointed that there was not a bigger screen. Other than that I don't really care all that much.
Fold for team #54196
Old October 4, 2011, 05:35 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Hah, I still use my old Motorola flip phone. stoanee=stoneage
Old October 4, 2011, 06:06 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoanee View Post
Motorola flip phone... STARTEC?!

Funny how Apple's shares dropped $10 today because of the announcement. Guess the fanboys have woken up.
Old October 4, 2011, 06:17 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoanee View Post
Ooooh is that the new-fangled Moto Razor!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by geokilla View Post
Motorola flip phone... STARTEC?!

Funny how Apple's shares dropped $10 today because of the announcement. Guess the fanboys have woken up.
Yeah the stock drop was ridiculous. Some poor folks were expecting a home-run in the stock market I guess.

That said, the stock markets were nuts today so there could be a few things going on there.
Fold for team #54196
Old October 4, 2011, 07:14 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

I am able to upgrade. I currently have a 4 not really worth it. Might try an android phone maybe

Look at me, I'm wearing one shape up
Old October 4, 2011, 08:24 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Personally this is a meh upgrade. I mean the new camera is nice and all but not worth the money. Windows 7 phones are looking mighty tempting.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."