Go Back   Hardware Canucks > Mac, iPhone & iPod > iPhone & iPods

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 20, 2011, 05:14 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Default Questions for the iPad users

Hey all;
Folks at work are interested in getting iPads. Need some information straight-up before I am asked too mch about them:

Please note that these iPads won't be jailbroken.

1. How hard is it to connect to a data projector? Equipment needed?

2. USB drives fully supported? Any restrictions? (ie. I have read that it kind of works, and most likely needs Fat32??) Adapter needed or does it come with the iPad? Do you have to mess around or is it seamless?

Thats all for now. I am liking the Lenovo Android tablet with has full USB and HDMI ports already but I think folks have their minds set on iPads.
Fold for team #54196
Old September 20, 2011, 05:19 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

you can stream ipad usage view airplay IIRC, and you can get an official SD card reader.. but its only for pictures and videos though i think. you can stream to the ipad via various apps though
Old September 20, 2011, 05:52 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Humm. What I am hoping is that folks could bring documents from home and display on a projector. Right now the only reliable way appears to be through an online service like Dropbox or Google Docs.
Fold for team #54196
Old September 21, 2011, 12:54 AM
da_bradler

USB drives fully supported? I thought they were 100% not supported in any way what so ever. only certain applications will work with the video adapters, like it doesn't give you a raw display of the ipad screen it's like Keynote, some video applications can output to the video adapter, but you don't see like a mirrored image of what's on the iPad screen.
Old September 23, 2011, 06:02 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisk View Post
Humm. What I am hoping is that folks could bring documents from home and display on a projector. Right now the only reliable way appears to be through an online service like Dropbox or Google Docs.
You can use the camera kit and an app to mount USB drives to the iPad and you use the Digital AV adapter to give you an HDMI out connection to your projector.