What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

iPhone 4 speaker problem

bigFOIG

I have a 2 month old iPhone bought new from Bell, and it seems like the speaker near the top of the iPhone isn't working anymore. When I try to call someone, I cannot hear the tone letting me know that it's ringing, or the person talking. However, I can hear during calls on speakerphone and wih earphones on. This is the same when I am receiving calls. I've already searched up the problem on google and tried what was suggested. Plugging and unplugging earphones repeatedly was what I tried but with no avail.

Does anyone know if I can fix this somehow? If I were to get my iPhone fixed, would I take this to Bell or Apple? Pretty sure the answer is Apple, but I just want to clarify.

Neolithium_Wpg

You should be able to do a direct replacement through Bell for the iPhone - all of the ones I've had through my carrier were covered for the duration of my contract.

salin235

I have a 2 month old iPhone bought new from Bell, and it seems like the speaker near the top of the iPhone isn't working anymore. When I try to call someone, I cannot hear the tone letting me know that it's ringing, or the person talking. However, I can hear during calls on speakerphone and wih earphones on. This is the same when I am receiving calls. I've already searched up the problem on google and tried what was suggested. Plugging and unplugging earphones repeatedly was what I tried but with no avail.

Does anyone know if I can fix this somehow? If I were to get my iPhone fixed, would I take this to Bell or Apple? Pretty sure the answer is Apple, but I just want to clarify.

Before you take it to have it replaced...have you tried restoring the software?

You would have to go directly to Apple..Bell has nothing to do with it although they are your service provider....

bigFOIG

If anyone else has my problem, here's what happened. I called Bell and told them my problem, and they told me to go to an Apple Store and they would either fix or replace it. Before going, I did update my iPhone to the newest firmware (4.3.1 at the time), but the problem still consisted. However, I didn't full restore the software.

When I got to the Apple Store, the "genius" from the genius bar recorded a voice memo and had it played back via my broken speaker. And it worked. So he told me it was a firmware problem, and told me that it would take him 10 minutes to reset and everything should be fine. He did that, and everything was working, but on my way home from the Apple Store, I made a call and the sound was cut off in the middle of my call. I called a friend to see if it was the same problem, and it was. I went back to the same Apple Store and the same genius, and he immediately gave me a new one.

So... I guess it was a happy ending for me. :)

scottkt602

If anyone else has my problem, here's what happened. I called Bell and told them my problem, and they told me to go to an Apple Store and they would either fix or replace it. Before going, I did update my iPhone to the newest firmware (4.3.1 at the time), but the problem still consisted. However, I didn't full restore the software.

When I got to the Apple Store, the "genius" from the genius bar recorded a voice memo and had it played back via my broken speaker. And it worked. So he told me it was a firmware problem, and told me that it would take him 10 minutes to reset and everything should be fine. He did that, and everything was working, but on my way home from the Apple Store, I made a call and the sound was cut off in the middle of my call. I called a friend to see if it was the same problem, and it was. I went back to the same Apple Store and the same genius, and he immediately gave me a new one.

So... I guess it was a happy ending for me. :)

Really? I am a new iPhone 4 user.