What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

iPhone voted one of the world's best inventions

Arinoth

Staff member
Wow... just wow, talk about fan boys and idiots. The iphone wouldn't be invented if it weren't for half the things on the list. How do planes come ahead of the combustion engine, kinda need that for planes to fly.

MacJunky

Planes don't use internal combustion engines, they use gas turbine engines. They are basically entirely different.
Not all use turbines though. I mean, ok, so there are turboprops around in smaller planes as well but piston based engines were a big thing in the past and ICEs are still around today. Just not on most of the big modern aircraft.

Perineum

What a stupid, stupid list.

Looks like it was compiled by a bunch of 8 year olds. Kinda "funny" how in the entire list of 100 things there are mostly all generic entries like "shoes" or "cars" yet it mentions the iPhone and iPod by brand name rather than just "mobile phone" and "portable music player".

Sounds idiotic to me and looks like it was made to be some sort of sensationalist thing rather than anything serious.

Arinoth

Staff member
Planes don't use internal combustion engines, they use gas turbine engines. They are basically entirely different.

I'm fairly certain internal combustion engines spawned gas turbine engines, so without the internal combustion engine i doubt we'd have the type of flight we have now.

lcdguy

Folding Team
technically jet engines do combust fuel internally. they just do it in a much cooler sounding and powerfuly way. But ya while i like my iphone i hardly doub't it's the best invention ever. i am pretty sure things like penecillian and the other bunch of medical break throughs should be higher on the list.

Sushi Warrior

Sounds like a very biased poll to me. It was quite specific about the iPhone/iPod itself when there was a much broader category that is belonged to. Why isn't the 1972 Ford 436 engine on their (just made that up)? Maybe they just called the "smartphone" category iPhone so as not to confuse people.

Latest posts