Old July 30, 2010, 10:52 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgf View Post
I woundn't trade my phone for a dozen iphony 4's
I would, you could make some good bank by selling them

then build yourself a new pc and buy whatever phone you like best. Honestly its just pure preference when it comes to phones. I like the iPhone, but I've used android plenty and its great as well. No point in getting caught up in 'my phone is best. Yours sucks'
Old July 30, 2010, 11:08 PM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
Does it occur to you that perhaps it's possible to use something without owning it? I don't own an iPhone but I know plenty of people who do and I've had plenty of opportunities to use them.
I actually own one, and it's in my sig, but I guess he's being smart...

It's funny, I can count at least 5 iPhone users (well, the ones who admitted it, including me) on this board, and 0 Android owners... but the Android still "is the sh*t"... no one has one, but it's still the best mobile device

Old July 30, 2010, 11:31 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth View Post

It's funny, I can count at least 5 iPhone users (well, the ones who admitted it, including me) on this board, and 0 Android owners... but the Android still "is the sh*t"... no one has one, but it's still the best mobile device
I've played around with android quite a bit and its pretty great (I own a iPhone tho), but it doesn't seem that much different then iOS. In Day to Day useage its pretty much the same thing (pages of apps, texting, and a somewhat similar looking desktop). Sure there's features like flash, and some phones have better specs then the iPhone, but most andriod phones do not.

It's a valid alternative that I don't see as any better or worse the the iPhone/iOS
Old July 30, 2010, 11:37 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:

I don't own an Android because I'm currently locked into a 3 year contract with the phone I have. When I got the phone I have now Android was around but Telus didn't have any phones.

I got a Windows Mobile phone because very few phones at that time had Wifi which I use quite a bit. But now that Android phones are more common and popular.. when my contract is up I'm going Android.

I like Android for things like multiple desktops, system layout, the app store and a few other things.
Old July 31, 2010, 04:08 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
I own one, and I'm pretty sure I've seen other people mentioning that they own Android devices as well. The difference is that unlike iPhone owners, we don't feel the need to go bragging about it everywhere so we can get some ego stroking.
Old July 31, 2010, 04:21 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
I own one, and I'm pretty sure I've seen other people mentioning that they own Android devices as well. The difference is that unlike iPhone owners, we don't feel the need to go bragging about it everywhere so we can get some ego stroking.
This.

I own an HTC Dream and much rather it than an iPhone. I've dabbled around with a couple gens of iPhones and really do not like the feel of them, both physically and software wise.
Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...

Old July 31, 2010, 07:37 PM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
LOL - because talking about our devices in the Apple / iPhone section section of the forum is ego-stroking... right.

Maybe you guys should get your own Android section, share the love and knowledge of YOUR devices?

Old July 31, 2010, 07:51 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
LOL - because talking about our devices in the Apple / iPhone section section of the forum is ego-stroking... right.
No. Bragging about how you own an iPhone and it's better than everything else is ego stroking. Pointing toward the apparent number of iPhone users compared to Android users on the forum just means you're trying to justify your purchase based on the fact that other people made the same choice. When I try to advocate something, I do it based on the merits of the product, not on how many other people own it.
Old July 31, 2010, 10:27 PM
Allstar
F@H

Read my entire post history if you want - if you can one post where I say that iPhones are better than Androids, I will make a public apology.

Stating that there are more iPhone owners than Android owners was to make a point - there are more iPhone owners on this forum that can actually relate and discuss the pros and cons on owning the device, and give you hands-on insight and advice on these devices.

On the other hand, I don't see a lot of Android users posting their impressions of their devices on these boards... I just see the usual "it's open source so its the bomb" and "iPhony is the suxxor" non-sense. This is a real forum, with real technology enthusiasts - let's step it up.

Edit: for the record, even if I was the only mofo with an iPhone, I still would be a happy camper. I can't put my 3GS down, it's way to useful and practical :)

Last edited by Synth; July 31, 2010 at 10:36 PM.
Old July 31, 2010, 10:28 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:

Maybe you guys should get your own Android section, share the love and knowledge of YOUR devices?
No need when there's a site called XDA-developers.

I've used and tinkered with a HTC G1 for quite some time. There is a distinct feeling of versatility in that OS, and the possibilities are only limited by the hardware.

Anywho, have you maybe considered that the Android users are just a bit more...I don't know..humble?

Zephyranthes
E8400 4.0ghz, XFX 780i, Mushkin XP2 PC-6400, Antec Earthwatts 750W