Go Back   Hardware Canucks > Mac, iPhone & iPod > iPhone & iPods

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 28, 2010, 02:55 PM
Top Prospect

Well as long as there's a market for this crap...

CrazyPC Case Mods, Cooling, Gaming, and More.
(5.25" toaster"

I think the Iphone will do just fine
Old July 28, 2010, 02:59 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by btecanada View Post
Well as long as there's a market for this crap...

CrazyPC Case Mods, Cooling, Gaming, and More.
(5.25" toaster"

I think the Iphone will do just fine
That's not a real product.
Old July 28, 2010, 03:10 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
Well, since the iPhone 4 clearly has some issues with its phone functionality, it would stand to reason that Apple wants to put more focus on its other features ;).
From what I've read from the few Canadians that have one so far, it is not an issue in Canada. Our cellular network is much better than than our neighbours, especially when comparing Rogers/Bell/Telus to AT&T. AT&T has a craptastic network to begin with.
Old July 28, 2010, 03:42 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCD View Post
From what I've read from the few Canadians that have one so far, it is not an issue in Canada. Our cellular network is much better than than our neighbours, especially when comparing Rogers/Bell/Telus to AT&T. AT&T has a craptastic network to begin with.
I believe that they mean the Antenna issues...not the network.

For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity.

When a ladder was stolen from a store the manager said that further steps would be taken
Old July 28, 2010, 03:51 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarkStarr View Post
if it was just a phone I'd agree with you. But it's not, it's one of the best mobile platforms today.
Hardly the best. Its only popular because of mass idiots.

Android phones personally are better and more productive. And as soon as I can will be getting one.
Old July 28, 2010, 04:16 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mena View Post
I believe that they mean the Antenna issues...not the network.
The antenna issues are compounded by the network. Regardless if many americans are having problems I would still avoid it until the hardware is fixed. I've tried to replicate this on my 3GS and managed to bring it down 1-2 bars by holding it a certain way. If what I've read is true, most Canadians won't have an issue.
Old July 28, 2010, 08:13 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_BenD_over View Post
CBC News - Consumer Life - Apple to sell iPhone 4 unlocked in Canada

Something that makes sense for a change. Even I might consider one if I don't have to deal with Rogers.
the iPhone has been on all (major) carriers here in Canada for months at least, possibly over a year
Old July 29, 2010, 05:26 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Most companies here offer the iPhone anyway, but it does open a few more options. I won't consider the iPhone 4 until it actually comes here and some people test it. I'm at cabins a lot of the time and any significant drops in signal would loose calls out there for sure.
Old July 29, 2010, 08:21 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Bell and Telus have had the iPhone since they launch of their new network. I believe it was nov 5th. Rogers and Fido have had it for a long time. Virgin mobile got it somewhat recently as well. Sadly, this still doesn't create much competition.
Old July 29, 2010, 08:29 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Speed View Post
Most companies here offer the iPhone anyway, but it does open a few more options. I won't consider the iPhone 4 until it actually comes here and some people test it. I'm at cabins a lot of the time and any significant drops in signal would loose calls out there for sure.
Most companies here? Well hate to break it to you but the iPhone is the least secure smart phone on the market. There is a reason a lot of businesses will use a blackberry and its enterprise network over the apple iPhone and that one is security.