Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   iPhone & iPods (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/iphone-ipods/)
-   -   iPhone 4 antenna problems (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/iphone-ipods/33566-iphone-4-antenna-problems.html)

BrianHanna June 24, 2010 01:32 PM

iPhone 4 antenna problems
 
Some iPhone 4 models dropping calls when held left-handed, including ours (video) -- Engadget

did anyone else besides me see this when they saw that apple was using an external antenna?

Neolithium_Wpg June 24, 2010 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianHanna (Post 395518)
Some iPhone 4 models dropping calls when held left-handed, including ours (video) -- Engadget

did anyone else besides me see this when they saw that apple was using an external antenna?

Yep. And on that happy note, my new 3GS should be here tomorrow. Working antenna and all :haha:

Digikid June 24, 2010 02:35 PM

That is pretty shoddy workmanship on Apples part. Hope that they fix this soon.

Neolithium_Wpg June 24, 2010 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digikid (Post 395554)
That is pretty shoddy workmanship on Apples part. Hope that they fix this soon.

What was funny, is that many Canadians who went "HEY! We're excluded on the release!" are now going WOO, it'll be fixed by the time it comes to Canada! :canadianwave:

Digikid June 24, 2010 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neolithium_Wpg (Post 395556)
What was funny, is that many Canadians who went "HEY! We're excluded on the release!" are now going WOO, it'll be fixed by the time it comes to Canada! :canadianwave:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

SKYMTL June 24, 2010 03:24 PM

Makes you really wonder how well these things are tested.

Helix June 24, 2010 10:30 PM

I find it more likely that Apple said "Aww crap, our fancy antenna band doesn't work. Let's sell $30 rubber bands to fix it!"

Neolithium_Wpg June 24, 2010 10:52 PM

Apparently some sweaty palmed people are getting zapped by it too LOL. Due out next: iDefib.

BrianHanna June 25, 2010 09:56 AM

Apparently no fix is coming.

Apple responds to iPhone 4 reception issues: you're holding the phone the wrong way -- Engadget

"you are holding it wrong" -steve jobs

Neolithium_Wpg June 25, 2010 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianHanna (Post 395857)
Apparently no fix is coming.

Apple responds to iPhone 4 reception issues: you're holding the phone the wrong way -- Engadget

"you are holding it wrong" -steve jobs

A few customers have been posting emails they are receiving from AppleCare. The signal issues have supposedly been traced to a firmware issue with the phone, and they're expecting a release within the week. But....uh....firmware won't cause your shiny metal external antenna to zap someone. :ph34r: I've read about 900 posts so far on various iPhone forums, I think I'll stick with my upcoming 3GS for the time being.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:36 PM.