Go Back   Hardware Canucks > Mac, iPhone & iPod > iPhone & iPods

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 8, 2010, 08:04 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

The antenna issue is only when you don't have a case. Try it without the case and you will loose reception. Though I think you would be a fool to not have a case with the vary fragile phone. So the antenna problem is not a problem at all.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old November 8, 2010, 08:06 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neolithium_Wpg View Post
I'm already seriously thinking of leaving Rogers as a provider, but the lack of iPhone 4 stock around here in Kingston is making me leery. I've played around enough with some peoples' phones though and they just are bloody fantastic.
I left Rogers because of that. See they do have stock. I have witness people waiting in line and existing customers told it is out of stock but a new customer got one. That pissed me off and I left them and paid the stupid $450 cancellation fee.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
Old November 8, 2010, 08:13 PM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by belgolas View Post
I left Rogers because of that. See they do have stock. I have witness people waiting in line and existing customers told it is out of stock but a new customer got one. That pissed me off and I left them and paid the stupid $450 cancellation fee.
I'll hit the mall up soon and jump store to store to find out who has the best long distance/data/Cdn Forces discount combo available
A Veteran, whether Regular Force, Reserve or Retired- is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank cheque made payable to the Dominion of Canada for an amount of "Up to and including my life"
-Author Unknown
Old November 8, 2010, 08:28 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neolithium_Wpg View Post
I'll hit the mall up soon and jump store to store to find out who has the best long distance/data/Cdn Forces discount combo available
Contact someone at your work. I pay $22/month for 250 minutes, unlimited evening weekends, unlimited text, unlimited incoming, voice mail, call waiting, and a Bell rep comes out to my house once a week to do my laundry.

I pay an extra $25 for 500mb data, which is alright, but I have seen better data. The package as a whole is good though. A government plan btw...
Fold for team #54196
Old November 9, 2010, 04:27 PM
Allstar

I'm with Bell and I really have to leave. The reception in comparison to Rogers is terrible here. Not sure what other carrier other than Rogers carry's there receptive territory. I got until May anyway so plenty of time.

CHEERS
Old November 9, 2010, 04:54 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well there is Roger-Fido (same company) and Bell-Telus (some company). So there really are only 2 choices if you want the iPhone 4.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
Old November 9, 2010, 05:07 PM
Allstar
F@H

I'm thinking of Belus, quite a few people around here have their service and are very happy with things thus far. I'll probably hit Kingston up next week since I'm expecting to pack and move within the next month once again; gives me the perfect reason to ditch rogers and grab someone else's service.
A Veteran, whether Regular Force, Reserve or Retired- is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank cheque made payable to the Dominion of Canada for an amount of "Up to and including my life"
-Author Unknown
Old November 9, 2010, 05:11 PM
F@H

My System Specs

A bit off topic, but did you find out about a family move yet?

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 250G Samsung 840 Series SSD / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP