Go Back   Hardware Canucks > Mac, iPhone & iPod > iPhone & iPods

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 31, 2010, 08:19 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well, I cant say I'm super-traveled in Toronto....Basements are always poor reception, but that should be a given. Like I said, generally speaking I get more bars in poor reception areas as compared to my 3G
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old October 31, 2010, 10:01 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

With the iPhone 4 I can be on the basement floor and make a call. My 3gs I couldn't always call even standing up.

I can drop the reception by holding it though but I have a case and that solves that plus gives it protection.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old November 2, 2010, 08:31 AM
Allstar

2 clients have this phone...it's friggin gorgeous!

CHEERS
Old November 2, 2010, 03:29 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

The screen is the best screen I have ever seen. Plus the exterior is beautiful but I cover it with a huge case.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old November 3, 2010, 08:40 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

i've been using one for about a week now. It's much better than my old blackberry that was running on the EVDO/CDMA network. No dropped calls so far. I used it in downtown Toronto last weekend and I always had service, even in large apartment buildings. I'm on virgin if it makes a difference. So far so good. I have a gawdy otterbox case on it because I'm a klutz.
Old November 8, 2010, 01:52 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

My trusty old HTC Touch Pro bit the dust this weekend (it has been flakey for a while). I was able to pick up the 16GB iphone 4 for $170, with no other fees, and a free car-charger.

I have tried to duplicate the antenna issue, but was unable to. I have a very thin (1mm) 'Nude' plastic case on it, if that is helping.

The wife also has noted that my voice is much clearer when I call from the iPhone over my old Touch Pro. The GPS gets better reception on the iPhone over the Touch Pro too (the GPS would not work properly at the basement of work, but the iPhone had no problems).

Pretty relieved, and I gotta say I am really happy so far. The antenna 'issue' is no issue for me.
Fold for team #54196
Old November 8, 2010, 03:23 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskwarren View Post
My trusty old HTC Touch Pro bit the dust this weekend (it has been flakey for a while). I was able to pick up the 16GB iphone 4 for $170, with no other fees, and a free car-charger.

I have tried to duplicate the antenna issue, but was unable to. I have a very thin (1mm) 'Nude' plastic case on it, if that is helping.

The wife also has noted that my voice is much clearer when I call from the iPhone over my old Touch Pro. The GPS gets better reception on the iPhone over the Touch Pro too (the GPS would not work properly at the basement of work, but the iPhone had no problems).

Pretty relieved, and I gotta say I am really happy so far. The antenna 'issue' is no issue for me.

Thats a good price for it. 3 year contract I assume. Welcome to the apple fanboi club, Chris!
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old November 8, 2010, 06:03 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

The antenna issue was definitely exaggerated. I can replicate it on my 3GS by death gripping it (only if it's out of the case), I do think some people had a real problem with it. Looks like you were fortunate and got one with no issues. I'm getting jealous of all the iP4 users :(
Old November 8, 2010, 06:57 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Also have to make sure the OS is updated, as there were issues with many folks and the proximity sensor cutting them off when the phone touched their face while talking.
Fold for team #54196
Old November 8, 2010, 07:02 PM
Allstar
F@H

I'm already seriously thinking of leaving Rogers as a provider, but the lack of iPhone 4 stock around here in Kingston is making me leery. I've played around enough with some peoples' phones though and they just are bloody fantastic.
A Veteran, whether Regular Force, Reserve or Retired- is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank cheque made payable to the Dominion of Canada for an amount of "Up to and including my life"
-Author Unknown