Go Back   Hardware Canucks > Mac, iPhone & iPod > iPhone & iPods

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 25, 2010, 11:07 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Wow this is a major fail. No fix is coming either by the looks of it. A case might help, but it won't fix it. This was the only Apple product in ages I have been excited about.... :(
Fold for team #54196
Old June 25, 2010, 11:18 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Yeah this phone really looked good on paper. I'll probably go with the 3GS when hordes of people start selling them to upgrade to 4G. If the 4G is fixed by then I might go for it though.
Old June 25, 2010, 12:43 PM
Allstar

It just works. No wait, it doesn't.

Gigabyte HD 6970 OC
Gigabyte Z68X-UDH3-B3
Seasonic 760W
Coolermaster Hyper 212+
CM690 w/ 1-80mm, 6-120mm fans.
Old June 25, 2010, 09:48 PM
Allstar
F@H

Possible fix on the way already via Firmware update from Apple.
A Veteran, whether Regular Force, Reserve or Retired- is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank cheque made payable to the Dominion of Canada for an amount of "Up to and including my life"
-Author Unknown
Old June 25, 2010, 09:54 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Lol thenewguy gotta love Engadget.
Fold for team #54196
Old June 26, 2010, 02:17 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

To be honest, even my 3GS and my old beta 2G messed up the same when I shoved the antenna between my hand and my cheek, with both sides hindering reception. Actually, the same happened when my hand was in the way of the 180 antenna that is in the bottom near the dock connector.

This explains it more clearly than I ever could : Apple iPhone 4Antennas... - AntennaSys Blog - AntennaSys, Inc. - antenna design, integration and consulting.
Old June 26, 2010, 12:43 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I was watching G4's reviews... they claim they don't have the problem at all, or it effects it very little. I wonder who paid their salaries :P Or maybe they just have a review unit. Then again, no one really takes G4's reviews as credible.... I hope!
Old June 26, 2010, 01:24 PM
Allstar
F@H

The review units seem to be damn near flawless, unfortunately. It's hard to say how many there actually are, but if Apple is pushing out a firmware update this fast, there has to be a substantial number of people affected by it. Oh well, Monday my 32GB GS will be here, gives me a slightly new toy to play with until later next year when I decide what I'm going to do. It's actually very tempting to wait for the next one, seeing as how much better the 3GS is than the 3G - for all I know next June there will be 64GB iPhones hitting the market which would be something I would DEFINITELY jump on.
A Veteran, whether Regular Force, Reserve or Retired- is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank cheque made payable to the Dominion of Canada for an amount of "Up to and including my life"
-Author Unknown
Old June 26, 2010, 06:22 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpolyz View Post
I was watching G4's reviews... they claim they don't have the problem at all, or it effects it very little. I wonder who paid their salaries :P Or maybe they just have a review unit. Then again, no one really takes G4's reviews as credible.... I hope!
Read the post above yours. It explains the "problem" pretty well. (notice the " ")
Old June 26, 2010, 06:37 PM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1dget View Post
Read the post above yours. It explains the "problem" pretty well. (notice the " ")
There doesn't need to be quotation marks on that. If there wasn't an issue, Apple wouldn't be firing out free stuff to customers around the the countries where the iP4 has been released, and calls to AppleCare from new phone purchasers wouldn't be immediately forwarded to supervisors and the engineers. The only thing that is up for debate is how widespread the problem is. I've spent the last 4 days around enough Mac related forums that it's put me off considering the iPhone 4 until sometime in 2011 when the next iteration is due to be released.

Edited because I speek & tipe inglish gud.
-Author Unknown