Go Back   Hardware Canucks > Mac, iPhone & iPod > iPhone & iPods

    
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old June 24, 2010, 11:47 AM
FiXT's Avatar
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: GVRD
Posts: 3,343

My System Specs

Default iPhone 4 Released - Ridiculous Lineups

People were waiting 9 hours in line to be able to PRE-ORDER an iphone from the store........ with an expected ETA of Fall 2010, WTF?


The Incredibly Slow, Incredibly Hot Soho iPhone 4 Line

Check out the video, where it literally goes for 4-5 blocks




Also from CNET:

"They're telling us the coffee and donuts are only for (people with) reservations," complained Joe Lobato, who camped out in front of the San Francisco store for two nights. "

Two freaking nights, for a phone.



There is fanboys, which I understand and respect, and then there is this absolute lunacy
I have officially upgraded Apple to cult status.

Last edited by FiXT; June 24, 2010 at 12:48 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old June 24, 2010, 11:56 AM
Neolithium_Wpg's Avatar
Allstar
F@H
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Lancaster Park, Alberta
Posts: 732
Default

I'm definitely laughing at them, some of the more recent polls are showing some annoying issues with around 60% of the iPhone 4's currently floating through the US. There's also a large number of Apple Stores that never broke more than 10-20 people outside it, it all just depends on location really.

Given what I've seen on the forums lately from iP4 owners, I won't be getting one until their revision that will be released next June.
__________________
Dell XPS8700 | Asus x101ch | iPhone 5 (iOS7)
A Veteran, whether Regular Force, Reserve or Retired- is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank cheque made payable to the Dominion of Canada for an amount of "Up to and including my life"
-Author Unknown
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old June 24, 2010, 12:21 PM
AkG's Avatar
AkG AkG is offline
Hardware Canucks Reviewer
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 4,254
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neolithium_Wpg View Post
I'm definitely laughing at them, some of the more recent polls are showing some annoying issues with around 60% of the iPhone 4's currently floating through the US. There's also a large number of Apple Stores that never broke more than 10-20 people outside it, it all just depends on location really.

Given what I've seen on the forums lately from iP4 owners, I won't be getting one until their revision that will be released next June.

Sooo it finally IS a "Jesus Phone"....but not as in what he would use, but as in what you swear at it? LOL. Awesome.

Amazing what some people will do for a PHONE. But then again I thought peeps were nuts for camping out for days to get a xbox, ps2/3 etc etc. Guess it takes all kinds!
__________________
"If you ever start taking things too seriously, just remember that we are talking monkeys on an organic spaceship flying through the universe." -JR

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old June 24, 2010, 12:38 PM
Neolithium_Wpg's Avatar
Allstar
F@H
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Lancaster Park, Alberta
Posts: 732
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
Sooo it finally IS a "Jesus Phone"....but not as in what he would use, but as in what you swear at it? LOL. Awesome.

Amazing what some people will do for a PHONE. But then again I thought peeps were nuts for camping out for days to get a xbox, ps2/3 etc etc. Guess it takes all kinds!
Definitely a Jesus phone: Buy one and pray it isn't defective
__________________
Dell XPS8700 | Asus x101ch | iPhone 5 (iOS7)
A Veteran, whether Regular Force, Reserve or Retired- is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank cheque made payable to the Dominion of Canada for an amount of "Up to and including my life"
-Author Unknown
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old June 24, 2010, 12:48 PM
FiXT's Avatar
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: GVRD
Posts: 3,343

My System Specs

Default

For the record, my intention was not to bash iPhone enthusiast, just the Apple nutters.

I felt the same way about such chaotic releases as the Wii and the PS3, however from what I remember they were nothing near this level of crazy.


The Star Wars lineups are about the only thing I can think of that was more ludicrous, but at least you got to see the damn movie at the end of the line and not just lineup to buy a ticket for 4 months down the road
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old June 24, 2010, 12:52 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Markham
Posts: 1,564

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiXT View Post
For the record, my intention was not to bash iPhone enthusiast, just the Apple nutters.

I felt the same way about such chaotic releases as the Wii and the PS3, however from what I remember they were nothing near this level of crazy.


The Star Wars lineups are about the only thing I can think of that was more ludicrous, but at least you got to see the damn movie at the end of the line and not just lineup to buy a ticket for 4 months down the road
You should come to Markham on Boxing Day... For such a relatively smaller population the lineups are arguably bigger than some major cities.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old June 24, 2010, 01:14 PM
sswilson's Avatar
Moderator
F@H
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Moncton NB
Posts: 14,225

My System Specs

Default

Again, not directed to Apple owners specifically, but instead directed towards the "gotta line up to get the new tech the minute it's released" crowd......

What it's like to own an Apple product - The Oatmeal
__________________
EVGA X58 3X SLI / i7 980X / 3X 4G Mushkin Blackline Frostbite / XFX Pro 1000W / EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB / Intel DC S3700 200G / WD 6401AALS / TT Lvl 10 GT
Swiftech MCP655 WC Pump / EK XT 240 Rad / 2X Scythe Ultra Kaze / EK Supreme HF / Primochill Myriad Dual Bay Res / Dell UltraSharp U2412M

Gigabyte C1007UN-D / 2X4G Gskill PC3-10700 / Pico PSU / 2.5" 750G Toshiba HDD / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 19" BenQ / 1X 17" HP
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old June 24, 2010, 02:40 PM
Digikid's Avatar
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 1,731
Default

LMAO!!!! So true.....
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old June 24, 2010, 02:40 PM
Polygon's Avatar
Allstar
F@H
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: North Vancouver
Posts: 957

My System Specs

Default

I don't get it... is there a limited amount of pre orders or something? What's the difference between waiting in line for hours to pre order and pre ordering the next day?
__________________
'Do not wish for easier lives, wish to be stronger men'
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old June 24, 2010, 03:59 PM
Sagath's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Petawawa, ON
Posts: 2,452

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilya View Post
You should come to Markham on Boxing Day... For such a relatively smaller population the lineups are arguably bigger than some major cities.
Asian cultures are notoriously Tech-savvy. It makes sense that the lineups for sale prices on tech products would be long in an area with a 90th percentile asian population. Give or take.

God bless them for driving down the market price when I go to shop there tho. I also expect that NCIX (if they are smart) will open their store in Markham.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
iPad in Canada. Ridiculous Pricing geokilla iPhone & iPods 73 April 7, 2010 06:43 PM
This is ridiculous.. tao5269 Off Topic 3 September 28, 2008 07:58 AM