Go Back   Hardware Canucks > Mac, iPhone & iPod > iPhone & iPods

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 24, 2010, 11:47 AM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Default iPhone 4 Released - Ridiculous Lineups

People were waiting 9 hours in line to be able to PRE-ORDER an iphone from the store........ with an expected ETA of Fall 2010, WTF?

The Incredibly Slow, Incredibly Hot Soho iPhone 4 Line

Check out the video, where it literally goes for 4-5 blocks

Also from CNET:

"They're telling us the coffee and donuts are only for (people with) reservations," complained Joe Lobato, who camped out in front of the San Francisco store for two nights. "

Two freaking nights, for a phone.

There is fanboys, which I understand and respect, and then there is this absolute lunacy
I have officially upgraded Apple to cult status.

Last edited by FiXT; June 24, 2010 at 12:48 PM.
Old June 24, 2010, 11:56 AM
Allstar
F@H

I'm definitely laughing at them, some of the more recent polls are showing some annoying issues with around 60% of the iPhone 4's currently floating through the US. There's also a large number of Apple Stores that never broke more than 10-20 people outside it, it all just depends on location really.

Given what I've seen on the forums lately from iP4 owners, I won't be getting one until their revision that will be released next June.
A Veteran, whether Regular Force, Reserve or Retired- is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank cheque made payable to the Dominion of Canada for an amount of "Up to and including my life"
-Author Unknown
Old June 24, 2010, 12:21 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neolithium_Wpg View Post
I'm definitely laughing at them, some of the more recent polls are showing some annoying issues with around 60% of the iPhone 4's currently floating through the US. There's also a large number of Apple Stores that never broke more than 10-20 people outside it, it all just depends on location really.

Given what I've seen on the forums lately from iP4 owners, I won't be getting one until their revision that will be released next June.

Sooo it finally IS a "Jesus Phone"....but not as in what he would use, but as in what you swear at it? LOL. Awesome.

Amazing what some people will do for a PHONE. But then again I thought peeps were nuts for camping out for days to get a xbox, ps2/3 etc etc. Guess it takes all kinds!

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old June 24, 2010, 12:38 PM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
Sooo it finally IS a "Jesus Phone"....but not as in what he would use, but as in what you swear at it? LOL. Awesome.

Amazing what some people will do for a PHONE. But then again I thought peeps were nuts for camping out for days to get a xbox, ps2/3 etc etc. Guess it takes all kinds!
Definitely a Jesus phone: Buy one and pray it isn't defective
A Veteran, whether Regular Force, Reserve or Retired- is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank cheque made payable to the Dominion of Canada for an amount of "Up to and including my life"
-Author Unknown
Old June 24, 2010, 12:48 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

For the record, my intention was not to bash iPhone enthusiast, just the Apple nutters.

I felt the same way about such chaotic releases as the Wii and the PS3, however from what I remember they were nothing near this level of crazy.

The Star Wars lineups are about the only thing I can think of that was more ludicrous, but at least you got to see the damn movie at the end of the line and not just lineup to buy a ticket for 4 months down the road
Old June 24, 2010, 12:52 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiXT View Post
For the record, my intention was not to bash iPhone enthusiast, just the Apple nutters.

I felt the same way about such chaotic releases as the Wii and the PS3, however from what I remember they were nothing near this level of crazy.

The Star Wars lineups are about the only thing I can think of that was more ludicrous, but at least you got to see the damn movie at the end of the line and not just lineup to buy a ticket for 4 months down the road
You should come to Markham on Boxing Day... For such a relatively smaller population the lineups are arguably bigger than some major cities.
Old June 24, 2010, 01:14 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Again, not directed to Apple owners specifically, but instead directed towards the "gotta line up to get the new tech the minute it's released" crowd......

What it's like to own an Apple product - The Oatmeal

Gigabyte C1007UN-D / 2X4G Gskill PC3-10700 / Pico PSU / 2.5" 750G Toshiba HDD / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 19" BenQ / 1X 17" HP
Old June 24, 2010, 02:40 PM
Banned

LMAO!!!! So true.....
Old June 24, 2010, 02:40 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I don't get it... is there a limited amount of pre orders or something? What's the difference between waiting in line for hours to pre order and pre ordering the next day?
Old June 24, 2010, 03:59 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilya View Post
You should come to Markham on Boxing Day... For such a relatively smaller population the lineups are arguably bigger than some major cities.
Asian cultures are notoriously Tech-savvy. It makes sense that the lineups for sale prices on tech products would be long in an area with a 90th percentile asian population. Give or take.

God bless them for driving down the market price when I go to shop there tho. I also expect that NCIX (if they are smart) will open their store in Markham.