Go Back   Hardware Canucks > Mac, iPhone & iPod > iPhone & iPods

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 7, 2010, 12:38 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by belgolas View Post
Sigh I am not an idiot like you think I am. No I think you are the idiot for not realizing how bad Apple is at these few things. They pretty much own the app market for mobile devices yet they are the most nazi company with it. You can create an app for the iPhone and if apple changes their policy or just feels like it they can take down your app even after approving it. That I think is wrong.
It's their hardware, it's their platform, it's their contract and terms of use, it's their game. Live with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by belgolas View Post
Could you imagine if Microsoft just decided to not allow iTunes/quicktime to be on windows just because it has similar functionality to windows media. That is what Apple is doing to their hand held devices.
Read the Microsoft Windows EULA carefully my friend before posting non-sense like this. It's exactly the same as the above minus the hardware part.

OT: Also, I don't appreciate at all being called an idiot especially on this thread when knowing your apparent lack of understanding on the current subject.
Be more respectful
Old May 7, 2010, 05:04 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Well actually m1dget I would agree with you IF the development tools were free and if there was a clear and open process in how revoking was done. AND a clear and open process for appeals. This we dont feel like it so no you cant play in our sandbox anymore is BS and unprofessional. More importantly it is illegal when it is done to give a disadvantage to a competitor. As I said earlier, just because you create it and build it doesn't mean you don't have to play by the rules of society. Once you offer it to the public, and charge for it it no longer is "its my ball, my backyard dont like it? Leave" as it is "its OUR (public) backyard, so play nice or YOU (apple) leave."

You cant honestly say in one breathe what MS did was bad and immoral and illegal (hell they gave away a FREE program, a program that did make things a shite ton easier back in the day. BUT was done to stifle competition OR as you say "its their game. Live with it") and say in the next its OK because its apple (who are targeting a competitor via late inning game changes with the intent of eliminating that competition).

Dont take this the wrong way, but you cant have it both ways and expect peeps here to respect you. If you try to argue both sides....peeps will treat you with less respect as you are treating THEM with no respect.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr