Go Back   Hardware Canucks > Mac, iPhone & iPod > iPhone & iPods

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 27, 2010, 08:51 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Apple is taking things too far. It's been reported that they already got their prototype back, and that when Gizmodo tried to return the phone, Apple didn't want it. AND lost =/= stolen. I agree with every word that GSM Arena said.

Apple strikes back - the police searches Gizmodo editor's house - GSMArena.com news

Why Apple Couldn't Get the Lost iPhone Back - Iphone 4 - Gizmodo

Of course, there's a lot more sites and articles on this, but I'm not going to link them.
Old April 27, 2010, 08:56 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by geokilla View Post
Apple is taking things too far. It's been reported that they already got their prototype back, and that when Gizmodo tried to return the phone, Apple didn't want it. AND lost =/= stolen. I agree with every word that GSM Arena said.

Apple strikes back - the police searches Gizmodo editor's house - GSMArena.com news

Why Apple Couldn't Get the Lost iPhone Back - Iphone 4 - Gizmodo

Of course, there's a lot more sites and articles on this, but I'm not going to link them.
their lawyers > your opinion
Old April 28, 2010, 05:19 AM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by geokilla View Post
Well, I read the links you posted, and the only "attempt" at returning the prototype phone seems to be a failed call to Apple Care (?!). Correct me if I missed something.

If Gizmondo really wanted to return the phone, they could of put it in an envelope and send it by courrier to Apple HQ, cash on delivery. Or send an email to Jobs (with pictures, or proof of the claim).

IMO, Gizmondo didn't try all that hard.

Old April 28, 2010, 03:55 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well what if a prototype of a car was left in your driveway? So you drove around in it for 3 months, took it apart, and posted videos and pictures of it. Then you call the company to see if they want it back. They say yes but then you are like you must see it in writing. So the company sends a letter saying they want it back. THEN you send it back. That is EXACTLY how Gizmodo handled it except they didn't find it in their driveway they purchased it. I would be pretty angry. Now the competition knows what hardware the next iPhone is going to use and some of its features. That could possibly be damaging to the company.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old April 28, 2010, 04:34 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by belgolas View Post
Well what if a prototype of a car was left in your driveway? So you drove around in it for 3 months, took it apart, and posted videos and pictures of it. Then you call the company to see if they want it back. They say yes but then you are like you must see it in writing. So the company sends a letter saying they want it back. THEN you send it back. That is EXACTLY how Gizmodo handled it except they didn't find it in their driveway they purchased it. I would be pretty angry. Now the competition knows what hardware the next iPhone is going to use and some of its features. That could possibly be damaging to the company.
Exactly, there's a bunch of engineers under NDA about their project and first thing they know some random site has their project under their hands and are trying to make some profit off it by posting pictures to get attention to their site.
Old April 28, 2010, 08:32 PM
Associate Review Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by belgolas View Post
Funny how no one ever raises an ethical eyebrow when computer components specs/pics/benchmarks are leaked, yet people are going batshit over an iPhone.

Doesn't jive.

It's our job to get ahold of technology as soon as possible, it's 'their' job to prevent us from doing so. Everything else that happens in between is part of the game.
Old April 29, 2010, 10:16 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Oh Apple... thy tyranny is legendary.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old April 29, 2010, 11:21 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thund3rball View Post
Oh Apple... thy tyranny is legendary.
Nice seeing people reading < 2 lines and coming to those kind of conclusion

Entertain me
Old April 29, 2010, 01:26 PM
Banned

I WAS going to get an Ipad......but after seeing how retarded Apple is being...screw them. I will get a better tablet from a better company.
Old April 29, 2010, 05:42 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Impulsive | Define Impulsive at Dictionary.com :P