Go Back   Hardware Canucks > Mac, iPhone & iPod > iPhone & iPods

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 18, 2010, 07:01 AM
Allstar
F@H

You betcha. iOS4 came with a big stack of new wallpapers (It's disabled on the 3G by default, but it takes 10 seconds with a jailbroken phone to re-enable it). Actually it's nice to not have to load winterboard to get custom wallpapers loaded on the home screen.
A Veteran, whether Regular Force, Reserve or Retired- is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank cheque made payable to the Dominion of Canada for an amount of "Up to and including my life"
-Author Unknown
Old June 19, 2010, 05:04 PM
Allstar
F@H

Anyone know if companies in canada will be offering upgrades to the iphone 4? I just bought the 3gs on a 3 year contract with virgin mobile about 3 months ago, loving the phone but if they would let me upgrade to the 4 for say $200 and continue the contract that would be much better. Especially considering i get a $200 deposit back from them in 2 months or so
Mobo: ASUS M3A79-T Deluxe
Memory: 4gb OCZ Platinum 1000mhz ddr2
Graphics: 2x Sapphire 4830s in Crossfire
Keyboard: Logitech G11
Mouse: Logitech G9
HD:WD 640gb Caviar Black + 750gb Seagate
#hardwarecanucks on irc.enterthegame.com
Old June 19, 2010, 05:15 PM
Allstar
F@H

You'd have to call Virgin and inquire. I know Rogers you have to be at least 24 months in on your contract before they'll allow a subsidized upgrade on their smartphones but they will be offering the upgrades to customers.
A Veteran, whether Regular Force, Reserve or Retired- is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank cheque made payable to the Dominion of Canada for an amount of "Up to and including my life"
-Author Unknown
Old June 21, 2010, 07:18 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

With any carrier in Canada you have to be cut throat in you complaining in order to get reasonable things. No you wont be able to upgrade when you only had it for 2 months unless you complain enough to the right people. You can also get your plan cut in half.

Funny, one of my friends decided to go with a different ISP as Rogers sucks. Well Rogers gave them 1 full year free so they wouldn't leave. If they can give 1 year free away that tells me they are making s$$t loads of money. Not to mention the usually download 600 GB or more a month. 1 year free. See what complaining and threatening does to the pigs of Canada's ISPs will do.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old June 21, 2010, 07:25 PM
Allstar
F@H

Only 2 months!? I better do some bitching! Maybe I won't have to shell out $700 for a iP4
-Author Unknown