Go Back   Hardware Canucks > Mac, iPhone & iPod > iPhone & iPods

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 7, 2010, 11:03 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digikid View Post
I just hope that they make them more durable. For example...The iPod Touch is near indestructible.....while the iPhone will break on the first drop.
false. I've had my iphone 3g for 2 years in august.. i treat it like crap now cause im going to upgrade to the iphone 4. also, i've got a bad habit of dropping things that are in my hand occasionally.. so, i've dropped it more times than i can count, and nothing is broken on it.
Sometimes, when im riding in the passenger seat in my dads truck, i'll put it between my legs while im not using it, and i'll forget its there, get out, and it'll fall to the road, and its still golden. the only protector i have on it is invisishield too...
Old June 8, 2010, 04:56 AM
Allstar
F@H

If my 15 month-old hasn't yet broken it, I'd say it's pretty durable...

Old June 8, 2010, 05:36 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I sure hope the glass that surrounds the entire device is extremely durable and scratch-resistant like they say it is. Either way, I'm still getting an InvisibleShield. Those things are great!
Old June 8, 2010, 06:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia View Post
false. I've had my iphone 3g for 2 years in august.. i treat it like crap now cause im going to upgrade to the iphone 4. also, i've got a bad habit of dropping things that are in my hand occasionally.. so, i've dropped it more times than i can count, and nothing is broken on it.
Sometimes, when im riding in the passenger seat in my dads truck, i'll put it between my legs while im not using it, and i'll forget its there, get out, and it'll fall to the road, and its still golden. the only protector i have on it is invisishield too...
Umm excuse me? No it is NOT false. I know people that had this happen to them thank you. All it takes is one good fall from any distance and if it hits the screen there goes the glass. ONLY on the iPhone though. My iPod Touch 8GB 2g is pretty much indestructible though. It accidentally fell though a hole in my pocket and went down the stairs and survived.
Old June 8, 2010, 07:14 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Everything can be broken, the iphone is no exception. My friend cracked the screen of his iphone. I personally dropped my phone a lot of time without any issue. IMHO, it's no different from any other phone I used in the past.

YouTube - Strongest Reporter Smashes UnBreakable Phones at CES 2010

Back up - Ebay (Inik1) or Heatware
Old June 8, 2010, 07:18 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Guys I think you need some stats to back up the dropped iPhone claims (even the water indicator issue I brought up in another thread). When something is dropped, it depends on how it falls, what it falls on, distance, etc etc. I know folks who have damaged iPhones by dropping them rarely, and others who have seemingly indestructible wonders of engineering.
Fold for team #54196
Old June 8, 2010, 07:44 AM
Banned

Experience is all the claim that I need my friend.
Old June 8, 2010, 08:17 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
I just hope that they make them more durable. For example...The iPod Touch is near indestructible.....while the iPhone will break on the first drop.
Ive done everything to my 3G up to (and including) dropping it into a toilet. I got it release day 2 years ago, and it is still kicking VERY strongly after probably having been dropped 2 or 3 dozen times from 3+ feet, plus the toilet-call.

Aside from that I'm interested in this upgrade from my current 3g. I'm also glad I skipped out on the 3GS 'upgrade'. What a waste that phone was if you owned a 3G!

It'll be interesting to see what rogers offers its current customers for hardware upgrades, contract ports (I have the Unlimited package of voice/data that you cant get anymore afaik), and obviously the big point of $$$. But seriously...August release in Canada? What the hell...
Old June 8, 2010, 08:25 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagath View Post
Ive done everything to my 3G up to (and including) dropping it into a toilet. I got it release day 2 years ago, and it is still kicking VERY strongly after probably having been dropped 2 or 3 dozen times from 3+ feet, plus the toilet-call.
Eww dude...seriously EWW!!!!
Old June 8, 2010, 09:57 AM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Umm excuse me? No it is NOT false. I know people that had this happen to them thank you.
Guys, he knows people...! He's heard of these thing...

Take that you "brainwashed actual iPhone owners" - no truth shall ever come out of your mouths