LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 7, 2010, 03:26 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pankie View Post
I would probably get one if not for roger's ridiculous prices
How close are you to the end of your contract? If you renew for another 3 years you can probably get a kickass deal. I save about $25/month when I renewed.
Old June 7, 2010, 04:35 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Like always ... we get shafted up here in terms of release dates :(

My contract will be up for negotiation this upcoming November, so I'll probably place an order for this phone after signing another new 3 year contract with Rogers ... of course that's after I threaten to leave Rogers and try my luck with a good deal :D

I'm glad a new iPhone is coming out because I'm getting tired of my 3G. To me, this is more of an evolution rather than a revolution of the original iPhone ... which isn't bad but I guess Apple will be milking this cow until she runs dry.

Although, the battery life is pretty impressive considering that it has the best out of all the smartphones available today. Wi-Fi'ing at N speeds is a new welcome change, and it looks like the phone will be up to task in terms of delivering those browsing speeds.

I'm looking forward to seeing the screen in person, it does look very impressive in the videos I've seen.

It being thinner and still light will mean that it will fall out of my giant hands more often than I'd like it to lol.
Old June 7, 2010, 04:46 PM
Allstar
F@H

Well since Apple is hacking the 3GS down to a choice of 8GB or.....8GB lol, I'm just going to see what the best route is, Rogers just won't let me hardware upgrade. If I remember correctly it's around $699 for a 32GB Straight out of the store.
A Veteran, whether Regular Force, Reserve or Retired- is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank cheque made payable to the Dominion of Canada for an amount of "Up to and including my life"
-Author Unknown
Old June 7, 2010, 05:08 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well, my next phone is going to be HTC desire, legend or this, I can't wait to see some reviews and monthly plans prices.
Old June 7, 2010, 05:40 PM
Allstar
F@H

Interesting side note: Apple's Development Portal is down, iOS 4 GM Candidate and Safari 5 should be out shortly.
A Veteran, whether Regular Force, Reserve or Retired- is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank cheque made payable to the Dominion of Canada for an amount of "Up to and including my life"
-Author Unknown
Old June 7, 2010, 06:47 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi Warrior View Post
It will neevr have the best screen - Samsung's Super AMOLED holds that regard and I don't think they are licensing that out. Samsung only!
AMOLED's are good, but they need work. If your inside in a dark room movies look great, but if your outside you can barely see the screen. I'm a huge OLED fan and would buy one if I could afford it.

Overall, this upgrade is good. I just hate the new look.
Old June 7, 2010, 06:56 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpolyz View Post
AMOLED's are good, but they need work. If your inside in a dark room movies look great, but if your outside you can barely see the screen. I'm a huge OLED fan and would buy one if I could afford it.

Overall, this upgrade is good. I just hate the new look.
that why Samsung develops Super Amoled which still look great outdoor.

YouTube - Samsung Wave hands-on
Old June 7, 2010, 07:29 PM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neolithium_Wpg View Post
Not too sure how I feel about the looks of the new white phone, I might have wanted that one; but I'll just have to see them up close and in person in August I suppose.
They look good; my 3GS is white, I dig it.

Old June 7, 2010, 11:12 PM
Banned

I just hope that they make them more durable. For example...The iPod Touch is near indestructible.....while the iPhone will break on the first drop.
Old June 7, 2010, 11:20 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapmaster View Post
that why Samsung develops Super Amoled which still look great outdoor.

YouTube - Samsung Wave hands-on
Thanks,

I guess I've been living under a rock for the past few months.