Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   iPhone & iPods (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/iphone-ipods/)
-   -   iPad in Canada. Ridiculous Pricing (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/iphone-ipods/30701-ipad-canada-ridiculous-pricing.html)

geokilla April 6, 2010 01:46 PM

iPad in Canada. Ridiculous Pricing

First off, this section of the thread should be modified to include iPad.

Ok onto the main point of this thread. As we all know, over 300 000 iPads were sold on launch day. Us Canadians have to wait a couple more weeks for it to be released up here. However fear not! A quick check on RFD shows that a BNIB iPad can be had for around $200 more than how much Apple is charging for a iPad. Now the funny thing is, people are actually willing to shell out this much money for an iPad! I should've bought one when I was at Buffalo and bring it back up and sell it on RFD, earning myself at least $100 profit, assuming there's the tax over at the borders.

I used the iPad at the Apple Store and its basically an iPod Touch on steroids. Completely useless piece of junk. Only fanboys would buy this.

Ok I sorta ranted and got what I wanted to say about the iPad pricing in Canada. Do you find it ridiculous? Do you find the iPad useless?

Thund3rball April 6, 2010 02:00 PM

1. There's an Ipad thread under Mac
2. Yes people love to sell hardware to idiots that will pay higher than retail. It was the same with PS3, Wii, Wii Fit etc etc... nothing new here.
3. No need for an Ipad here. Current mobile devices I own do just fine.

Eldonko April 6, 2010 02:21 PM

A fool and his money are soon parted

JMCD April 6, 2010 02:42 PM

It could have it's uses for some people, but in general I see no point if you have a smart phone or a laptop. Pricing was to be expected though, it's Apple.

Arinoth April 6, 2010 02:55 PM

Ah the apple tax strikes against causing consumers who dont know anymore to become poor in money and rich in useless overpriced gadgets!

chrisk April 6, 2010 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eldonko (Post 359543)
A fool and his money are soon parted

or as I always say, a fool and his money are soon partying.:thumb:

There is a good social experiment here though folks. Take a good look at the news and listen to people's complaints; a lot of people bought the thing and got pissed that they couldn't plug a USB into the thing, and the lack of flash. Got caught up in the hype, had no idea what they were buying, and simply followed the crowd. But I posted this in the other thread....

m1dget April 6, 2010 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geokilla (Post 359528)
First off, this section of the thread should be modified to include iPad.

Ok onto the main point of this thread. As we all know, over 300 000 iPads were sold on launch day. Us Canadians have to wait a couple more weeks for it to be released up here. However fear not! A quick check on RFD shows that a BNIB iPad can be had for around $200 more than how much Apple is charging for a iPad. Now the funny thing is, people are actually willing to shell out this much money for an iPad! I should've bought one when I was at Buffalo and bring it back up and sell it on RFD, earning myself at least $100 profit, assuming there's the tax over at the borders.

I used the iPad at the Apple Store and its basically an iPod Touch on steroids. Completely useless piece of junk. Only fanboys would buy this.

Ok I sorta ranted and got what I wanted to say about the iPad pricing in Canada. Do you find it ridiculous? Do you find the iPad useless?

Yes you should have bought it but you made a mistake not doing so.

Overpriced? No.

Useless? No.

It's a nice machine with a nice OS and applications running behind it and a reasonable price knowing it's coming from Apple.

It's far from useless considering it's the best ereader (the best use of it IMO) you could get for the price and you have all the other apps that comes with it and you can buy/download after.

Again, it's not a computer (as in personal computer/laptop), it's an information appliance and was never intended to be otherwise. Comparing it to anything else to say that it sucks would prove that either you don't have a clue of what you are talking about or simply that you are far from being well informed about the device.

gingerbee April 6, 2010 03:29 PM

what will crapple do when the hypnotized effect wares off and people stop buying there crap. jmo as always.

m1dget April 6, 2010 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gingerbee (Post 359579)
what will crapple do when the hypnotized effect wares off and people stop buying there crap. jmo as always.

...or what would happen if people get smarter and stop buying MS crap :haha: ?

The future will be interesting.

Arinoth April 6, 2010 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m1dget (Post 359578)
It's far from useless considering it's the best ereader (the best use of it IMO) you could get for the price and you have all the other apps that comes with it and you can buy/download after.

Again, it's not a computer (as in personal computer/laptop), it's an information appliance and was never intended to be otherwise. Comparing it to anything else to say that it sucks would prove that either you don't have a clue of what you are talking about or simply that you are far from being well informed about the device.

Yes everyone is entitled to their own opinions on the product as you'll find time and time against most hardware enthusiast don't want to spend their money on what they believe is novelty systems (Macs, apple products etc). What is uncalled for is saying others in here (especially if its more then one person and i dunno a reviewer/mod) dont have a clue what they are talking about or aren't well informed.

Calling people idiots because they dont share your view on something is not exactly the most mature and appropriate thing to do on a forum thats seen some members lately permanently or temporarily banned for being disrespectful to other members,reviewers or moderators.